Head Spinning-(Okna, Ideal or Simonton)?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sftl-1

Head Spinning-(Okna, Ideal or Simonton)?

#1 Post by sftl-1 »

I could use some opinions from the pro's. After looking at many windows and getting quotes from several dealer/installers I think I've narrowed my choices to only several windows now - lol.

I'm in SE PA and looking to replace 39 windows (2 picture, 3 casement, 1 half circle & 33 DH). Window capping will be done as well. All considerations are using the best double payne glass pkgs w/Argon. I prefer to use a window with a minimum U value of .29 that also has good air infiltration #s. The Simonton may be the worst performing of the bunch???

Okna Starmark 900 $20,492 (Dealer A)
Okna 500 $20,177 (Dealer B) N/A w/Dealer A (Price may have room to improve)
Okna 300 w/Foam $-Waiting for quote from Dealer A

Ideal Perfect Fit $- Waiting for quote from Dealer B

Simonton
Impressions 9800 $- Waiting for quote from Dealer A

I'm expecting the Ideal, Okna 300 & Simonton to come in about $2K +- less than the Okna 500-900 series.

I am comfortable with the reputation and workmanship of both dealer A&B.

I have also gotten quotes from other dealers for Soft-lite & Sunrise which are all coming in the $22-$23K range which I feel is too costly for the product, so Soft-lite & Sunrise are out.

Also, good value - worthy of consideration scale, someone mentioned Viwinco "Cambridge" windows to me - does anyone know about these?

Please, anyone familiar with the windows I've mentioned above, please let me hear your opinions quality, value & energy performance.

Thanks

sftl-1

Re: Head Spinning-(Okna, Ideal or Simonton)?

#2 Post by sftl-1 »

sftl-1 wrote:I could use some opinions from the pro's. After looking at many windows and getting quotes from several dealer/installers I think I've narrowed my choices to only several windows now - lol.

I'm in SE PA and looking to replace 39 windows (2 picture, 3 casement, 1 half circle & 33 DH). Window capping will be done as well. All considerations are using the best double payne glass pkgs w/Argon. I prefer to use a window with a minimum U value of .29 that also has good air infiltration #s. The Simonton may be the worst performing of the bunch???

Okna Starmark 900 $20,492 (Dealer A)
Okna 500 $20,177 (Dealer B) N/A w/Dealer A (Price may have room to improve)
Okna 300 w/Foam $-Waiting for quote from Dealer A

Ideal Perfect Fit $- Waiting for quote from Dealer B

Simonton
Impressions 9800 $- Waiting for quote from Dealer A

I'm expecting the Ideal, Okna 300 & Simonton to come in about $2K +- less than the Okna 500-900 series.

I am comfortable with the reputation and workmanship of both dealer A&B.

I have also gotten quotes from other dealers for Soft-lite & Sunrise which are all coming in the $22-$23K range which I feel is too costly for the product, so Soft-lite & Sunrise are out.

Also, good value - worthy of consideration scale, someone mentioned Viwinco "Cambridge" windows to me - does anyone know about these?

Please, anyone familiar with the windows I've mentioned above, please let me hear your opinions quality, value & energy performance.

Thanks
I've now gotten pricing on the Okna 300 & Ideal Perfect Fit windows.

Okna 300 with Insulated Frame & Sash $16,680 (Dealer A)

Ideal Perfect Fit $18,140 (Dealer B)

I need to relook at the Okna 300 vs the Ideal Perfect fit so I'm comfortable with the looks, but I'm leaning toward the Okna DH 300. Dealer "A" who is a Simonton dealer only offers the Prism line of replacement windows, so I will re-look at the Generations 6000 model (I like better than the Platinum), but for energy efficiency and value I think the choice will be the 300 series by Okna :?:

peepers

#3 Post by peepers »

Okna is a very good manufacturer with a reputation for making some of the best windows on the market. When you compare the windows thermally keep in my that each .01 in u-value savings will save about $100 dollars per year on your energy bills. This may be a justification to go to a higher performance foam filled option in the products. As a person in the industry I would recommend sticking with your gut and going with Okna

sftl-1

#4 Post by sftl-1 »

peepers wrote:Okna is a very good manufacturer with a reputation for making some of the best windows on the market. When you compare the windows thermally keep in my that each .01 in u-value savings will save about $100 dollars per year on your energy bills. This may be a justification to go to a higher performance foam filled option in the products. As a person in the industry I would recommend sticking with your gut and going with Okna

Thanks Peepers, I think I’ve come to the end of the road with all my due diligence (I’m tired) and will in all likelihood go with the Okna 300 series. The dealer/installer is putting together an official “final” proposal for the Okna’s as we discussed which I should have sometime this week. Provide there are no surprises; I’ll probably give them the green light. The price I got I feel was very agressive for the Okna 300 w/foam filled frames & sashes locking screens.

39 Windows (1 half circle, 2 picture, 3 casement & 33 DH) for $16,680 with capping.