Amerimax vs American Classic Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jon

Amerimax vs American Classic Windows

#1 Post by Jon »

Recently we have been approached by two salepersons. One who had Amerimax windows with a bid of approx. $5000 and another from PSC who offered to install triple paned American Classic Windows and call us a display house ($9000). We have 7 windows (triple picture window and 3 1970's ranch style sliders and three smaller sliders (bathroom and kitchen sink). I can find info on Amerimax (middle of the scale apparently). But I can't find much of anything on the American Classic Windows sold by PSC. Does anyone know of the brand? PSC is Precision Siding & Construction .

Door&WindowPlus

Re: Amerimax vs American Classic Windows

#2 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell Amerimax Vinyl Windows in California and they are pretty good window compared to alot of the vinyl windows available. I sell them with the argon and low-e366 glass. Never heard of American Classic Windows but I think it is probably a private label or regional manufacturer. I would make sure both windows meet or exceed the Stimulus Tax Credit qualification numbers that was just passed. Qualifications are 0.30 U-Factor and 0.30 SHGC You will get 30% tax credit for the job up to $1500. Might as well save some money while doing your windows. This is very new since the stimulus package just got passed yesterday and the President won't sign it until Monday. I know the Amerimax dual pane has to have superspacer, argon and low-e366 to qualify. I dont know with the triple pane what the numbers are. But I do know that Amerimax does a triple pane but only in Colorado factory. I would ask both salesman for references that you can call - 10 should be good, energy numbers (u-factor and shgc) and a couple of houses in your neighborhood that you could drive by. Any good window dealer should have this info available. Also ask the American Classic Windows salesman where their factory is. Then look it up and see if they are NFRC and AAMA approved. Both have their own websites. I would also get some more estimates. Look for some that sell both brands if there are any.

Hope this helps.