Brothers Home Improvement San Jose

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
prizmordial

Brothers Home Improvement San Jose

#1 Post by prizmordial »

Hi

Does anyone have any feedback on Brothers Home Improvement windows in San Jose? They make their own vinyl windows.

thanks in advance

buddy110

Re: Brothers Home Improvement San Jose

#2 Post by buddy110 »

prizmordial wrote:Hi

Does anyone have any feedback on Brothers Home Improvement windows in San Jose? They make their own vinyl windows.

thanks in advance
I would question whether they actually do make their own windows. 99% of the retail companies that claim they do, don't. They buy a window from a local manufacturer and "private label" their name on it. Be careful and good luck. There are some great windows out that way. Milgard and Simonton to name a couple.

Briant73

#3 Post by Briant73 »

You could always ask for a factory tour.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

They are listed in the NFRC directory as a manufacturer.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

You would be better suited to go with a larger brand if you are concerned about transferability of the warranty.
Last edited by Windows on Washington on Sat May 02, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bill

#6 Post by Bill »

A listing on the NFRC site does not guarantee they are making their own window. Owens Corning always had their own listing on the NFRC site when Simonton made a private label for them and OC has a listing now and we know they do not manufacture a window.

I guess it’s a matter of how far you want to take this “we make our own window” when in fact you don’t.

Bill

prizmordial

#7 Post by prizmordial »

Thanks for the feedback. There have been some reviews by folks on this site and others who have given positive responses but most are dated (~ 2yrs). My concern is about the quality of the product whether they manufacture it themselves or white label it. Their website says that their factory is in Sparks, NV. One concern I have is that their lifetime warranty does not transfer if I were to sell my house.

I am considering Milgard as well.

Thanks

Windows(SouthernCA)

#8 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

Brothers Home Improvement does make their own windows and is family owned. I think they did under $20 million in sales. Pretty small for a window manufacturer. I haven't seen their salesman for a while. I use to see him all the time.

I would look at Simonton and Milgard. Both big companies with good service and warranties.