Thermal Industries

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pondscum

Thermal Industries

#1 Post by pondscum »

I've found a Thermal Industries installer in Boston. Anybody have any thoughts on the Sellebrity 900 series with the stainable interiors? From the specs on these, they look a notch lower on the quality scale than the Sunrise windows I've already got a quote on; the Park Avenue line looks more comparable, but I haven't found an installer for those closer than New Hampshire. So, I'm trying to decide whether it's worth bringing the guy in for a quote on the 900s instead. Any comments appreciated. I'm particularly wondering how they got a stainable surface on a vinyl window.

brentwood

Re: Thermal Industries

#2 Post by brentwood »

i'd lile to know as well(stainable_ interior..supposedy okna has that as well. is it a laminate?

windowdude

#3 Post by windowdude »

Yes it's a laminate on the OKNA...kind of like a paper-type material, woodgrain looks very nice.

brentwood

#4 Post by brentwood »

how is this laminate applied windowdude? is it durable? is the oak box solid oak on the bays?

windowdude

#5 Post by windowdude »

No not solid oak...it's plywood with an oak veneer.

I believe a laminate is just, well..."laminated" onto the vinyl frame, like a sticker only stickier generally speaking. I'm not sure if it's a one step or two step process. And I don't know if OKNA's laminate is "durable" but it looks as nice as any laminate I've seen on a window.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

No issues with the Okna stainable laminate. Holds up quite nice and you really have to ding the window to damage it.