Stunned into stupidity

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
digiweb

Re: Stunned into stupidity

#31 Post by digiweb »

buddy110 wrote:We could start a cyber marriage LOL :mrgreen:
I'm checking with my cyber lawyer.... :-)

digiweb

#32 Post by digiweb »

thermal99 wrote:the starmark is a cellular composite similar to andersen renewel but with better performance numbers. the 400 and 500 are very similar with a few subtle differences. all 3 are great windows. Starmark will be the most expensive though.

wait, you want to base a decision on e-mails and this message board and not a phone conversation? seriously,you will not get far by doing that. i am being honest with you.
thermal99 -- I am asking you this in the most respectful way I can, I truly do not mean any offense. Are you really reading every word? Maybe every other? I am not basing my decision on email. Please re-read what I said.

buddy110

#33 Post by buddy110 »

digiweb wrote:
I'm cyber excited.. :oops:

Keep the faith, you'll find a good deal

digiweb

#34 Post by digiweb »

thermal99 wrote:the starmark is a cellular composite similar to andersen renewel but with better performance numbers. the 400 and 500 are very similar with a few subtle differences. all 3 are great windows. Starmark will be the most expensive though.

wait, you want to base a decision on e-mails and this message board and not a phone conversation? seriously,you will not get far by doing that. i am being honest with you.

OK so the starmark okna is going to be the expensive composite window and the Okna 400...800 are the vinyl windows.

digiweb

#35 Post by digiweb »

buddy110 wrote:
digiweb wrote:
I'm cyber excited.. :oops:

Keep the faith, you'll find a good deal
This conversation is definitely a life saver.

thermal99

#36 Post by thermal99 »

yes to the 400 and 800.
listen,i am not trying to be harsh,i totally understand your frustration. i am trying to help and i am telling you, you really need to talk with someone at the very least on the phone and take it from there. if you don't like him or her,simply hang up..very simple

thermal99

#37 Post by thermal99 »

the 800 is a bit different than the 400 and 500...and also more expensive.

buddy110

#38 Post by buddy110 »

Look for a company that's been in business at least ten years. Check court records, BBB and angies list. Google them. Then contact the company and ask them to send you a reference list and call them. Ask these customers all the key questions that concern you. Ask them if they had any issues and how they were handled. Then take the drive and look at the workmanship. If everything checks out call them back and set an appointment

digiweb

#39 Post by digiweb »

buddy110 wrote:Look for a company that's been in business at least ten years. Check court records, BBB and angies list. Google them. Then contact the company and ask them to send you a reference list and call them. Ask these customers all the key questions that concern you. Ask them if they had any issues and how they were handled. Then take the drive and look at the workmanship. If everything checks out call them back and set an appointment
Excellent checklist. I'll do all but the drive. I'm handling this from New Hampshire.

digiweb

#40 Post by digiweb »

digiweb wrote:
buddy110 wrote:I can't add much more to the advise you've gotten. I will say Marvin is excellent quality but out of your budget. Gorell, Okna and softlite are top brands. Andersen not so much :). You can get them in your price list. Have you looked on Angies list?
I considered Angie's list last night -- haven't pulled the trigger since it's a pay site. I would if it came to that.
FYI to any concerned. Angie's list is useless for a window replacement contractor reference in Westfield NJ.
I joined, I searched, it was next to useless for this area.

Bill

#41 Post by Bill »

Yes Simonton can be purchased by anyone with a pulse but that does not change the fact that they produce a good solid product and provide delivery that is unmatched in the industry with extremely good service after the sale. When I sell Simonton Windows to contractors I check to see if their check will clear not their vital signs.

I have had several dealers tell me that they would love to sell Simonton but after they do their dog and pony show in the house any hook and ladder guy can chop their legs off so they prefer brands like Gorell, Okna, Softlite or Sunrise who sell only to dealers and will not open one dealer on top of the other.

A company’s mission is to sell their product and Simonton took the path of selling their product through distributors and private label programs with large installing firms; obviously this has been a very successful approach for them.

J. Scott most of New Jersey does not need Armor glass especially Westfield that town is a gem, I lived my early childhood in Westfield. :wink:

Bill

buddy110

#42 Post by buddy110 »

Bill wrote:Yes Simonton can be purchased by anyone with a pulse but that does not change the fact that they produce a good solid product and provide delivery that is unmatched in the industry with extremely good service after the sale. When I sell Simonton Windows to contractors I check to see if their check will clear not their vital signs.

I have had several dealers tell me that they would love to sell Simonton but after they do their dog and pony show in the house any hook and ladder guy can chop their legs off so they prefer brands like Gorell, Okna, Softlite or Sunrise who sell only to dealers and will not open one dealer on top of the other.

A company’s mission is to sell their product and Simonton took the path of selling their product through distributors and private label programs with large installing firms; obviously this has been a very successful approach for them.

J. Scott most of New Jersey does not need Armor glass especially Westfield that town is a gem, I lived my early childhood in Westfield. :wink:

Bill
Note, I didn't say they built a bad window :shock:

windowxpertsplus

#43 Post by windowxpertsplus »

Bill wrote "I have had several dealers tell me that they would love to sell Simonton but after they do their dog and pony show in the house any hook and ladder guy can chop their legs off so they prefer brands like Gorell, Okna, Softlite or Sunrise who sell only to dealers and will not open one dealer on top of the other"
Thus the reason many on this board will not endorse too many other manufacturers IMO

thermal99

#44 Post by thermal99 »

SIMONTON IS A MID GRADE WINDOW..look at the performance data. gorell ,okna,and Elements have better performance numbers.

TheWindowNerd

#45 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We offer Simonton, Okna, Soft-lite, Gorrel.
We find something that fits everyone.