Stunned into stupidity

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
digiweb

Re: Stunned into stupidity

#61 Post by digiweb »

thermal99 wrote:"It's much more that I can't stand up to the onslaught of conflicting information.

I don't process verbal information as well as I process written info. So it's much less tiring to get to the heart of the matter through writing AND THEN have a phone conversation. "

this is very strange.. i think you need to talk to someone.
the pro's offered plenty of advice to you but yet you still feel compelled to come up with these strange responses. enough already.
I do believe that we are completely misunderstanding each other. This is an answer to why I won't talk to people on the phone before I talk by email.

I have lots of advice. To date I do not have a qualified professional to implement the advice.

I do wish you'd read my posts twice before responding. You seem not to understand anything I've said through this entire conversation.

buddy110

#62 Post by buddy110 »

digiweb wrote:
thermal99 wrote:"It's much more that I can't stand up to the onslaught of conflicting information.

I don't process verbal information as well as I process written info. So it's much less tiring to get to the heart of the matter through writing AND THEN have a phone conversation. "

the pro's offered plenty of advice to you but yet you still feel compelled to come up with these strange responses. enough already.
I do believe that we are completely misunderstanding each other. This is an answer to why I won't talk to people on the phone before I talk by email.

I have lots of advice. To date I do not have a qualified professional to implement the advice.

I do wish you'd read my posts twice before responding. You seem not to understand anything I've said through this entire conversation.

Are you saying he's stunning you into stuperidity? :mrgreen:

digiweb

#63 Post by digiweb »

buddy110 wrote:
digiweb wrote:

Are you saying he's stunning you into stuperidity? :mrgreen:
Apparently the entire topic of replacement windows is enough to make me stupiderererer :-)

buddy110

#64 Post by buddy110 »

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Your Mom lives in NJ, you in NH. She needs windows. Are you suggesting you want to make a decision for your Mom based on emails and phone calls from 400 miles away?

digiweb

#65 Post by digiweb »

buddy110 wrote:I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Your Mom lives in NJ, you in NH. She needs windows. Are you suggesting you want to make a decision for your Mom based on emails and phone calls from 400 miles away?
1 narrow down good brands from bad
2 within good brands determine models that will work
3 find vendors who sell and install these models
4 speak to vendors by email, phase I, weeding out vampires from the good guys
5 speak to the good guys on the phone to
5a get references
5b discuss pros and cons within models that will work
6 decide on 1 to 3 vendors and 1 or 2 models
7 send vendors to my mom's for her final consideration
8 discuss vendors' proposal with my mom
9 have her make final decision on vendor and model; hire contractor; and buy windows; schedule installation

Couple of things that seem to be confusing people on this thread:

- when some says "We sell 'xyz,' I have no idea who "we" is. You guys are all just internet handles, I don't know your real names, your business names or contact info

- there's no way to privately message someone who seems to have a handle on how to solve my problem

digiweb

#66 Post by digiweb »

Bill wrote:Yes Simonton can be purchased by anyone with a pulse but that does not change the fact that they produce a good solid product and provide delivery that is unmatched in the industry with extremely good service after the sale. When I sell Simonton Windows to contractors I check to see if their check will clear not their vital signs.
Bill are you "Simonton" or a vendor or...?
Bill wrote:I have had several dealers tell me that they would love to sell Simonton but after they do their dog and pony show in the house any hook and ladder guy can chop their legs off so they prefer brands like Gorell, Okna, Softlite or Sunrise who sell only to dealers and will not open one dealer on top of the other.

A company’s mission is to sell their product and Simonton took the path of selling their product through distributors and private label programs with large installing firms; obviously this has been a very successful approach for them.

J. Scott most of New Jersey does not need Armor glass especially Westfield that town is a gem, I lived my early childhood in Westfield. :wink:

Bill
Which school/street? Jefferson, Edison, W HS / Manchester Drive.

Bill

#67 Post by Bill »

In the past the administrator allowed our e-mail address to be listed in our profile so posters were able to contact the professional. They removed this feature over a year ago and they now charge the pro for the leads that they may get from here.

I noticed that some of the old regular’s disappeared from the site when this change was made and now we have those who just like helping people with this, those who pay and those who enjoy an occasional heated debate
Bill

Bill

#68 Post by Bill »

We lived on Vernon Place my brother and sister went to the grammar school on Summit Place we moved the year before I would have started.

I read your posts a bit more thoroughly. Looking at the sizes and grid pattern is your mother in the condos over by the Armory I think its Trinity Place?

TheWindowNerd

#69 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I can say no more with out violating the rules.
There is a method for you to proceed, actually two options.
Perhaps Buddy can help you figure out a possible course of action.

buddy110

#70 Post by buddy110 »

anthony wrote:I can say no more with out violating the rules.
There is a method for you to proceed, actually two options.
Perhaps Buddy can help you figure out a possible course of action.
:?:

thermal99

#71 Post by thermal99 »

westfield is in northern NJ.. call Gorell, Okna,Elements(soft lite) and ask for dealers in northern NJ. Usually exclusive dealers are reputable ;at least that has been my experience. its the "i can get you any window for a cheap price" type of contractor you need to be careful about.

digiweb

#72 Post by digiweb »

Bill wrote:We lived on Vernon Place my brother and sister went to the grammar school on Summit Place we moved the year before I would have started.

I read your posts a bit more thoroughly. Looking at the sizes and grid pattern is your mother in the condos over by the Armory I think its Trinity Place?
Hi Bill - She's on Prospect St.

I would have gone to grammar school with your brother or sister, possibly. It was Jefferson School between Boulevard and Summit Ave. I was at that school from 1967-1971. Vernon was walking distance from my house.

randy

#73 Post by randy »

its the "i can get you any window for a cheap price" type of contractor you need to be careful about.
That and the contractor that uses multiple log-in names to confuse and deceive people. 8)

digiweb

#74 Post by digiweb »

Despite all of the assistance you have received here, you chose to ignore the rules.

Ed's

buddy110

#75 Post by buddy110 »

randy wrote:
its the "i can get you any window for a cheap price" type of contractor you need to be careful about.
That and the contractor that uses multiple log-in names to confuse and deceive people. 8)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ^^^^^^^^