STARMARK 900 VS. ?????

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jackiec

STARMARK 900 VS. ?????

#1 Post by jackiec »

I have been looking @ Starmark windows and really like them. It really isn't fair to compare them with vinyls but I wonder if there are other top of the line windows that I should be looking at that can rival construction and performance? Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: STARMARK 900 VS. ?????

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Top of the line vinyl compares well with the Starmark. The Cellular PVC construction is a differentiator, however, some people do not like the bulkiness of the profile. That being said, most of the top of the line vinyl that would be used for comparison run a bit on the bulky side as well.

thermal99

#3 Post by thermal99 »

the Starmark is going to have one of the best performance numbers out there. starmark goes agaisnt renerel by andersen due to the both of them being a composite material.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Soft-lite Imperial LS

buddy110

#5 Post by buddy110 »

Serious windows 700 series too

thermal99

#6 Post by thermal99 »

Soft lite Imperial really competes with the Okna 500 series not the Starmark. everytime i go against the Imperial,its with the 500 or 400 series. Imperial is not a bad window by any stretch.
i usually go up against Renewal and a few times Serious windows composite window.

jackiec

#7 Post by jackiec »

Renewal gets hammered here as being overpriced and being of subpar quality and performance. Have ruled them out but they do have very attractive financing.

Serious windows look interesting but are they not very,very expensive?

I would think the people who look @ Starmark might also want to see Marvin Infinity? I want to now because I always thought the Marvin's were much higher than Starmark.

My quote from one of the two Starmark dealers came in @ $775 an opening. That is for dp and gbg on upper and 1/2 screens. That seems high from what I've read here. The second dealer also sells the Infinity, which I have never seen. I know it's fiberglass vs. composite but the #'s seem similar. What do you guys think between the two?

buddy110

#8 Post by buddy110 »

Marvin and Serious compare closely in price but serious has much better numbers. Infinity's are slimmer and better looking.

buddy110

#9 Post by buddy110 »

thermal99 wrote:Soft lite Imperial really competes with the Okna 500 series not the Starmark. everytime i go against the Imperial,its with the 500 or 400 series. Imperial is not a bad window by any stretch.
i usually go up against Renewal and a few times Serious windows composite window.
Fiberglass is not considered a composite :roll:

thermal99

#10 Post by thermal99 »

depending on where you are located)state), Starmark can be as much as 775 per opening.