Simonton 5050

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
LocalHero

Re: Simonton 5050

#16 Post by LocalHero »

Thanks Bill, that's a kind offer. I'll talk to the guy at ABC to see if he can get me some thru Simonton first but if that doesn't happen I'll take you up on it.

John

LocalHero

Re: Simonton 5050

#17 Post by LocalHero »

Any tips on how to trim the little snap in trim strip that comes with the Simonton windows? One of the four windows I replaced had a pretty out-of-square brick opening and while I fit the window in ok the margins at the top and bottom are a bit skewed. The windows came with a little trim strip that snaps into a groove around the edge of the window and I think it'll work fine if I can cut it on a matching diagonal. I'm looking at it thinking a straight edge with a utility knife is probably the best bet? If it wouldn't shatter I'd freehand it thru my table saw but I doubt that would work. It'll be about a 60" diagonal cut on a piece that's only 3/4" wide or so to begin with.

As for the screws talked about earlier in this thread, the rep at ABC tells me he has some Simonton repair screws so I'll check them out when I'm there next.

Thanks,
John