Anyone....Simonton 5050 series windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Gary L

Anyone....Simonton 5050 series windows?

#1 Post by Gary L »

I was wondering if anyone new much about the Simonton 5050 series windows? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Gary

Windows on Washington

Re: Anyone....Simonton 5050 series windows?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

It is their entry level window. Typically reserved for rental properties and property flips in the customers that have requested it in my experience.

Take a look at the 5500 if this window is for your own home.

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

We sell a few 5050's every week. It has almost the same warranty as the pricier 5500, uses the same vinyl, the same hardware and has almost identical energy efficiency ratings as the 5500. It is purchased by homeowners who are looking for a good basic no frills window and/or those who are on a tight budget. One of the features homeowners like best is the thin profile as compared to many windows.

Bill

#4 Post by Bill »

We sell more than a few of the 5050’s every week and it’s not a bad window especially if the budget is a bit lower for the project.

The window will qualify for the tax credit by just changing the spacer from Intercept to Supercept; you do not have to introduce the darker low-e coatings to qualify.

LocalHero

#5 Post by LocalHero »

Gary, I just installed a few of these on a rental I own. As is said above, they're fine as an entry level window. The windows I got were from ABC Supply (here in Charleston but they're a chain) and were re-branded with a "Grand Estates" name but I'm pretty sure it's the same window as the sales guy told me.

The only difference is they were a couple of $$ per window cheaper and they came with a better warranty on glass breakage as part of a deal ABC has with Simonton.

These were some of the first vinyl windows I've ever done so I don't have much to compare with except Lowes stuff. I liked them though and ordered a couple of the 5500 series for a customer.

Good luck,
John