Need help, findiing dealers and installer in Cincinnati

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Halifax

Need help, findiing dealers and installer in Cincinnati

#1 Post by Halifax »

I am in Cincinnati, OH and read through the forum which is really rich on information for my area. I have completely processed Alside, Champion, Gilkey equals "bad windows" but have not been successful in my search for alternatives. These seem to rule the area. I find gorrell, soft-lite, sunrise and simonton routinely suggested on this site.

I have 16 aluminum windows to replace 15 DH and 1 picture

Could someone suggest a Sunrise Window installer/dealer? I have been unsuccessful in locating one and the Sunrise website is slightly confusing and absent a dealear listing. From the pictures and recommendations, I would be interested in this window.

Simonton seems to be served by distributors Norandex but I take it from their website they are not installers. Can I even purchase windows from Norandex or do I need to find an installer? My internet search and phonebook doesn't list any dealers installers for Simonton in Cincy. How do I find a good installer and how would I know I have a good installer?

From pictures the Simonton windows seem to have 2 locks on the sash. Is this an indication of seal quality betweeen the sashes?

Gorrell seems bulky having looked at some installations of both the 5100 and 5300's.

Thanks for your help.