Alside Berkshire Windows--any thoughts

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Homeupgrader

Alside Berkshire Windows--any thoughts

#1 Post by Homeupgrader »

I just got a quote this afternoon from a Representative for 18 windows; the Rep recommended the Alside Berkshire Model, it's a vinyl window with steel inserts at a total cost of $9200.00. The Rep indicated they were having a 40% off special which I read on the company's website earlier. They are double hung, tilt windows and u value is .29 and it meets the criteria for energy eff rebate. They had a sample which they showed me and it looks like a good product. So all of this sounds good to me (especially since I have a buddy who got ten windows done by Home Depot for a little over $7000.00). I haven't heard of the Berkshire model or Alside--just the normal Anderson and Pella windows that are advertised to death. Another company that I spoke to on the phone claims the Berkshire model sounds like a cheaper Alside product (I'm to get an estimate from this company at the end of the month). Can anyone tell me if the Berkshire model is not worth the money? As well as does it sound like the guy on the phone may not know what he's talking about? Thanks for any feedback.

Delaware Mike

Re: Alside Berkshire Windows--any thoughts

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

What type of legitimate company can offer a 40% off sale? It is not uncommon for window dealers and manufacturers to offer incentives, but give the consumer a break with this 40% nonsense. It absolutely amazes me the exposure and appeal that Alside offers to the industry.

The local Alside rep for my area always is amazed that I won't purchase windows from him. He insists that I can't find a better buy (cheaper window).

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on Delaware Mike's observations.

You get what you pay for and the Berkshire is an entry level window....at best.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Alside Excalibur=Revere Berkshire

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

As stated above, the Revere Berkshire is a re-labeled Alside Excalibur. It is Alside's mid grade offering, and their cheapest window that meets tax credit requirements. You could do worse than this product, just understand that it is by no-means a premium window.

Homeupgrader

#6 Post by Homeupgrader »

Thanks to everyone for their input on my posting regarding Alside Berkshire...it's greatly appreciated!!