Simonton vs Anlin vs Amerimax - your opinion?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
francesca_sf

Simonton vs Anlin vs Amerimax - your opinion?

#1 Post by francesca_sf »

I've lurked on this board, but this is my first post. I've read 100's of posts on this forum and am impressed by the depth of knowledge, generous sharing of information and courtesy displayed , even when people disagree. Based on reading several years of forum posts, I used these criteria to narrow the list: available in Northern California, well-engineered, products meet tax credit requirements, excellent warranty, excellent customer service, excellent, reputable local installers. It comes down to three companies: Simonton 7300, Anlin Catalina windows/Malibu doors and Amerimax Craftsman windows/New Horizon doors. Their quotes were between $15,000 and $16,000 for retrofit 8 sliding glass doors and 3 windows, installed.

8 Sliding Doors
(1) x 142 1/2 x 80
(1) x 118 1/4 x 80
(1) x 106 1/4 x 80
(1) x 95 x 80
(1) 71 x 80
(3) x 59 x 80

3 Windows
Horiz Slider 94 1/2 x 42 1/2
Picture Window 22 3/4 x 42 1/2
Picture Window 47 x 80

I have just three questions.
1. Is this a fair price?
2, How important is it that Amerimax offers a 20-yr warranty, Simonton a limited lifetime and Anlin a full lifetime warranty?
3. Which would you choose, and why?

Thanks in advance.

Door&WindowPlus

Re: Simonton vs Anlin vs Amerimax - your opinion?

#2 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell both Amerimax and Simonton in Southern California. If the pricing is that close I would go with Simonton 7300 because of the narrow frame. All three are good brands. If you feel the price is too much get more quotes. Simonton has a dealer locator on their website. Amerimax and Anlin have forms to fill out and they will call or email you back.

francesca_sf

Re: Simonton vs Anlin vs Amerimax - your opinion?

#3 Post by francesca_sf »

Thank you Door & Window Plus!