New replacement windows in Pheonix

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
PhoenixWindows

New replacement windows in Pheonix

#1 Post by PhoenixWindows »

Alright, for a good who 2 days ago thought a double pane window was a double pane window slowly learning :)

I am only looking to replace 4 windows. Two of them are 48 x 72, one is 96 x72 and the last is 48 x 48. The first three are picture window on top with bottom sliders (18" tall) that need to be tempered glass. I am looking for lowe366 for all windows.

Now, the issue I have received quotes from 2400 (Mi pro 5000 series which I read are junk???) to Vision 3000 series at 10,000 which I laughed at.

What is a fair price for these windows? Recommendations that would keep the installed price under 4k?

Thanks.

randy

Re: New replacement windows in Pheonix

#2 Post by randy »

Simonton, Milgard, and Anlin are three brands that you might want to consider. In Phoenix with stacked windows that large, you want to make sure that you're buying reinforced vinyl windows, or even fiberglass. Cheap vinyl windows will be warped and bowed in no time. As you said, 366 is a must.

While you do have four openings, you are actually buying seven windows. $10,000.00 sounds high, but I know nothing about your installation and nothing about the Phoenix market.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on all of Randy's observations.

Structural stability on whatever window you choose is a must.

PhoenixWindows

#4 Post by PhoenixWindows »

Thanks everyone. Another quote I received was about 4k, for Milgard StyleLine Vinyl Windows. Will do some research on these windows as well.

Other then asking, how do I tell if the window is reinforced?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

You will need to ask the sales rep or check out the specifications of the model online.

It is nothing you can see from outside the window.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

Styleline, if I remember correctly, is Milgard's low-end window. I'd look at their Tuscany line.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

StyleLine is their new construction version if I recall.

PhoenixWindows

#8 Post by PhoenixWindows »

Low end bad, or low end adequate :)

This will be a 5-8 year house for me. With a lifetime warranty is it really a concern?

I will definitely talk to the sales rep more, check the price differences on the Tuscany.

Any other recommendations?

Can anyone compare the Mi pro 5000 series (also called Xact, and a bunch of other company names) and the Milgard styleline? Espescially considering they are the low end Milgard, and still 2k more the the Mi pro 5000.