Anlin vs Milgard vs Simonton - retrofit vinyl windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lindashops

Anlin vs Milgard vs Simonton - retrofit vinyl windows

#1 Post by lindashops »

I am getting quotes to replace all the windows in my home with vinyl retrofit windows. Unfortunately each comtractor is quoting a different brand. Any thoughts on the comparative quality of Anlin vs Milgard vs Simonton - retrofit vinyl windows?

simwindows

Re: Anlin vs Milgard vs Simonton - retrofit vinyl windows

#2 Post by simwindows »

I just had 19 windows replaced with the Simonton 9800 series with super spaces and colonial grids and glade I picked the Simonton windows... so far like them very much. I did alot of research and they a a good windows and like the look of the 9800 series. There are other windows that will give you more glass ( more cost), but there is more than enough light and after awhile I could not see any difference in viewing area from my original windows.

You need to go beyound the window , as my house had a lot of rotten sills and brick molding, they cut all that out, replaced with wood and capped all around the windows with aluminum flashing and then sealed them all up from the outside , which gave better sealing and I will never have to deal with painting sills and brick molding again.

I found a Simonton dealer that did it all for $130/window over what I could buy the windows (found 1 dist that would sell to me in New england) remember its the installation that really counts