Vytex Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ace0224

Vytex Windows

#1 Post by ace0224 »

Any thoughts on Vytex Heritage. Looking for a good mid-level affordable replacement window. Had a local contractor quote $470 per window installed for these.

Thanks for any help

Skydawggy

Re: Vytex Windows

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Ask for a copy of the warranty and read it very carefully. Understand that the only coverage you have is for replacement parts and the warranty requires you to pay to have the window removed, reinstalled and recladded at your expense if there's ever a problem. There exists currently a fee just to come to your house to verify it's a warranty issue. Pay no attention to any claims by the salesman to the contrary. Only believe what you see in writing from Vytex.

ace0224

#3 Post by ace0224 »

I've seen that has been an issue on some of the posts. Aside from warranty are the windows of decent quality?

Thanks

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

They are OK. I'd get a few more estimates though. I would also avoid the swiggle seal option if they are still offering it and go with intercept spacer instead.

Integra

#5 Post by Integra »

ace0224 wrote:I've seen that has been an issue on some of the posts. Aside from warranty are the windows of decent quality?

Thanks
This one makes me shake my head. These are the types of posts that end up being "I had these Vytex windows installed in my home by some slick, well dressed 22 year old kid from College Park who promised me that they'd make good on anything that went wrong at no cost, and now I'm stuck. What do I do" kind of posts.

These boards are full of posts related to Vytex. After reading what has already been posted, WHY do you ask about the product quality when it is unbelievably apparent that they SUCK when it comes to service???

There are so many other quality windows out there from companies who do an excellent job of backing and supporting them with outstanding service, why would you even consider beating this dead horse? You remind me of people who bought YUGO cars years ago.