Cornerstone by Alside Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dsallen

Cornerstone by Alside Question

#1 Post by dsallen »

One of the larger dealers in central Illinois sells windows, and siding, by the name of Cornerstone. It's made for this dealer, and others within a multi-dealer consortium or buying group, thus it may be a special private label product manufactured by Alside specifically for these dealers in the group. Is this a special Alside window design, or is it a standard Alside model with their own marketing name?

I'm getting several estimates on vinyl replacement windows and siding, and find the process a challenge, especially due to differing nomenclature. For example, a contractor estimated the windows today using Sunrise, but when I mentioned that I preferred the Vanguard model, he said that they're not sold to him by that name? He did say that the window he sells is not the Sunrise Essentials model - their entry-level window. So, needless to say, I'm a bit confused.

I'm leaning toward the Sunrise Vanguard or the Soft-Lite Elements. I am awaiting an estimate by a Soft-Lite dealer.

Any input on the "Cornerstone" name would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

HomeSealed

Re: Cornerstone by Alside Question

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm not familiar with the "Cornerstone" name, around here the only "private label" Alside product is the Preservation. It is possible that they offer Cornerstone in another market, or that the dealer puts his own "branding" on it. Either way, I'm sure it is very similar to their other products as private labels from any manufacturer are typically a regular product with a couple added features.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Cornerstone by Alside Question

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Unfortunately, it IS the Preservation.