I need a really good DH replacement window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Skydawggy

Re: I need a really good DH replacement window

#16 Post by Skydawggy »

JScott wrote:I have never seen an american window exceed 46 and a european window exceed 48. Sky, where do you find 50?

:mrgreen:

Did I say an American Window?

http://www.soundproofwindows.com/technical.html

OK, it is an American Window, but I didn't say it was. :lol:

jmasters

#17 Post by jmasters »

I recieived the window quote today, for all the combinations, and would like some input.
Viwinco windows, cambridge line, 3 dbls, 4 sngls, 1 half round, and 1 72x80 slider.....3157 Windows only

Same windows, Cambridge in front, 2dbls, 1sngl, 1halfround/Oceanview laminated glass in rear toward the noise, 1 dbl, 3 sngls, 172x80 slider...5403 windows only

All oceanview, same as above....6256 windows only.

Now, In your opinons, go with the cambridge?
Go with the split types, or all ocean view?
Has anyone had any experience with these windows, and does the increase in cost seem justifiable to get the laminated glass?
The STC number for the oceanview is 34.
Any help will be appreciated, including any opinions on the price of the windows.
I don't want to cut anyones throat, but I dont want to overpay either. thanks, Jeff

thermglass

#18 Post by thermglass »

I think we should need a really good DH replacement window with the "thermglass.com" Vacuum Insulated Glass.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

Is that technology really done now? Last I had heard, it was still not readily available or proven to be dependable. If it is, it really would be the best route to go.