Confused in Southern California

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lindy

Confused in Southern California

#1 Post by lindy »

I am looking to replace original casement windows w/ vinyl casements and one 12 foot patio door. I have estimates that range from 7K to 18K. Everyone uses a different brand. I have estimates for Anlin, Milgard, Simonton, Madison, Amsco, and Amerimax. Can you help! Which of these is best?

jeff1995

Re: Confused in Southern California

#2 Post by jeff1995 »

Simonton, Amerimax or Milgard are good choices, IMO, for SoCal being 1 - 3. Do not know of Madison. I do not sell Anlin but understand it could be a solid product. Stay away from Amsco, again IMO, or at least be warned that their warranty here in Ca. has important limits, as such I no longer deal with them. I might suggest that you list the city you are in and the type of install you are wanting, to get a more focused answer from someone close to you.

lindy

#3 Post by lindy »

I am in Los Angeles. Looking to install replacement (not nail on) casements.

Door&WindowPlus

#4 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

lindy wrote:I am looking to replace original casement windows w/ vinyl casements and one 12 foot patio door. I have estimates that range from 7K to 18K. Everyone uses a different brand. I have estimates for Anlin, Milgard, Simonton, Madison, Amsco, and Amerimax. Can you help! Which of these is best?
Madison is using a Chinese extrusion but is not AAMA rated. I believe Madison windows are NFRC rated so their customers can get the tax credit. Not a great window more like a builder grade. Milgard, Superior and Simonton make good casements.