Are windows exclusively made for a company/distributor good?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Are windows exclusively made for a company/distributor good?

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

BRUUUUCE wrote:that's funny, i could have sworn a bunch of people dogpiled the Seabrookes when i brought them up before -- but i could be mistaken. since i already called the installer about the simontons, i guess it wouldn't hurt to get a number from him and compare it to what I was offered for the Seabrookes and installation.
I think there was some drama that ensued in that thread :wink: , however I don't think anyone had any substantive criticism of the product.

buddy110

#17 Post by buddy110 »

BRUUUUCE wrote:that's funny, i could have sworn a bunch of people dogpiled the Seabrookes when i brought them up before -- .

I don't thisk that was the case. You'd be happy with them

windowxpertsplus

#18 Post by windowxpertsplus »

who was the "exclusive" LOL for the American Jewels?. Really try to stay away from construction companies, they just cant seem to do replacement windows.

BRUUUUCE

#19 Post by BRUUUUCE »

I don't want to mention names unless I have to or it's the proper time. In this case, we like the outfit/company ... but weren't sure about the windows (American Jewel). To be fair, however, he did not say his was the only company to carry American Jewel. He said a few years back he went to American Jewel as asked them to make a window just for him — using this type of glass, this kind of spacer, this type of lock, so on and so on. This is the window that he exclusively offer. Now he could be BS-ing me. I'm not a pro. He could just be offering us the same window anyone else can get from American Jewel.

If this was the case, then -- as much as we thought we liked the company and liked his suggestions -- i cannot trust him and would not use him.

(man, i thought buying a new car was an exhausting process. this is 100x worse) ;-)

buddy110

#20 Post by buddy110 »

BRUUUUCE wrote: . Now he could be BS-ing me. I'm not a pro. He could just be offering us the same window anyone else can get from American Jewel. ;-)

Yes, he is. Move on and good luck

windowman736

#21 Post by windowman736 »

I have fabricated private label programs for selected window specialty companies for three decades. These are companies that have shown that they are capable of not only selling a large volume of windows but have proven that their performance level and work ethics are extremely high. A private label program usually consists of a proprietary package that is designed specifically for that customers marketing and sales. It could be a special locking mechanism, a highly performing glass package, or a higher rated weatherstipping design.
These design changes are configured with the engineers, the suggestions and or needs of the company requesting the program, and the suppliers of the materials that will be used for the product. Once everyone is in agreement with all the elements involved, a sample will be made and tested. Once approved, marketing support is created. Other details such as geographic selling area and quantity of sales needed to maintain an exclusive are established prior to production.

namahs

#22 Post by namahs »

One of my co workers is getting OKNA installed and they used AGM Group in NJ. You can pretty much google them. I cannot vouch for the installers but my co worker said they were very professional and pleasant. I just got OKNA 500 series Deluxe installed, first impression of the windows are great. Real test is this winter season.. NYC is pretty brutal. Good Luck

buddy110

#23 Post by buddy110 »

windowman736 wrote:I have fabricated private label programs for selected window specialty companies for three decades. These are companies that have shown that they are capable of not only selling a large volume of windows but have proven that their performance level and work ethics are extremely high. A private label program usually consists of a proprietary package that is designed specifically for that customers marketing and sales. It could be a special locking mechanism, a highly performing glass package, or a higher rated weatherstipping design.
These design changes are configured with the engineers, the suggestions and or needs of the company requesting the program, and the suppliers of the materials that will be used for the product. Once everyone is in agreement with all the elements involved, a sample will be made and tested. Once approved, marketing support is created. Other details such as geographic selling area and quantity of sales needed to maintain an exclusive are established prior to production.

You mean like Chevy and GMC trucks :lol: .

ZAPAS

#24 Post by ZAPAS »

Did you ask around if anybody can offer same series of American Jewel Windows?
If nobody can, then I would consider contractor to be exclusive dealer to that product.
Did you called American Jewel ?
We all are different. We have different taste for things.
See if your contractor can bring you different products (Simonton, Okna, Great Lakes, etc...)
Put them next to each other and than make decision based on what you like not what other people think.

canuck

#25 Post by canuck »

whether or not the dealer has an exclusive line with american jewel makes no difference. its still the same vinyl and same quality control. i am not a fan of american jewel at all.

Bill

#26 Post by Bill »

I feel the same way as Canuck regarding American Jewel

ZAPAS

#27 Post by ZAPAS »

Question for Canuck.

What is your best pick for Vinyl replacement window available in USA (NJ) ???

ZAPAS

#28 Post by ZAPAS »

Same question for Bill.

What is best vinyl replacement windows in NJ and why?

Skydawggy

#29 Post by Skydawggy »

ZAPAS wrote:Same question for Bill.

What is best vinyl replacement windows in NJ and why?

Define best. Best looking, best price, best U-factor, best SHGC, best warranty, best options etc......

ZAPAS

#30 Post by ZAPAS »

Bill and Canuck still have not responded.

Definied best is all those thing that you mentioned (Look, U-factor, SHGC, etc..) in one.....

If money are not issue. What window would you buy for your house?