Are windows exclusively made for a company/distributor good?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
canuck

Re: Are windows exclusively made for a company/distributor good?

#31 Post by canuck »

u-factor-okna
its a .25 on their double pane

shgc-okna, thats tricky because down in new new jersey you need some shgc. okna is a .27

air leakage-okna is a .01 .

dp rating Okna is a 60 with composite reinforcement and a 50 without.

my other choice would be soft lite elements ,they have similat numbers and both windows are nice looking. i also like the gorell and of course sunrise (i sell them).

pilot

Re: Are windows exclusively made for a company/distributor good?

#32 Post by pilot »

buddy110 wrote:
windowman736 wrote:I have fabricated private label programs for selected window specialty companies for three decades. These are companies that have shown that they are capable of not only selling a large volume of windows but have proven that their performance level and work ethics are extremely high. A private label program usually consists of a proprietary package that is designed specifically for that customers marketing and sales. It could be a special locking mechanism, a highly performing glass package, or a higher rated weatherstipping design.
These design changes are configured with the engineers, the suggestions and or needs of the company requesting the program, and the suppliers of the materials that will be used for the product. Once everyone is in agreement with all the elements involved, a sample will be made and tested. Once approved, marketing support is created. Other details such as geographic selling area and quantity of sales needed to maintain an exclusive are established prior to production.

You mean like Chevy and GMC trucks :lol: .
This is a good analogy for anyone that knows anything about the auto industry. GMC (and Buick) use thicker glass, thicker and more insulation, a notch up in grade of carpets and fabrics, and perhaps more powertrain options. Hence, a higher price.