So no Viwinco, where do I go now!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jmasters

So no Viwinco, where do I go now!

#1 Post by jmasters »

OK, so there is not much positive to say for Viwinco. If this were your home, what would you install in your own home? Money is always an issue, but spending more to get better is not always a bad thing. There is a limit for everyone, I'll know mine when I see it. Seriously, Okna,softlite,champion,mastic,Viwinco,someone give me an idea of where to start, because this is all getting really above my comfort level. I certainly don't mind spending the time researching the situation, but it seems like there are so many window manufacturers, and so many series of windows that I may never really be able to pick the right one. I also understand that the right one is subjective, so please give me your reasoning with your opinion. thanks again for all the help. I really dont want to have to do this again in 10 years. Jeff

randy

Re: So no Viwinco, where do I go now!

#2 Post by randy »

The first thing I would do is take a week off and forget about windows. Sometimes we can stress ourselves out by obsessing over something. Just relax and do something else.

Then when you're ready, look for the following brands: Sunrise, Soft-lite, Okna, Gorell, Great Lakes. Once you've gotten two or three estimates, come back and give us an update and we'll try to help you sort through the process.

Don't underestimate the value of gut instinct. If you get a bad vibe from a contractor, there's most likely a good reason for it - scratch them off your list. Trust your instincts.

jmasters

Re: So no Viwinco, where do I go now!

#3 Post by jmasters »

Thanks for the reply. Some time off might be a good thing, as I am getting a little tired trying to sort through all the info. Can anyone suggest a good reputable installer around central Ky that I can contact for some of these brands. thanks again. Jeff