Enviroview Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Grandma456

Enviroview Windows

#1 Post by Grandma456 »

Hello,

I am located in the twin cities MN area and I am considering several companies for my window project. My project consists of 10 DH windows and 1 Patio Sliding Door. I have had several companies come out to the home and I felt that the best quality vs price would be the Enviroview Windows. Dubois Design and Remodeling was the company that had this particular window. They were better priced than most of the other major competitors and it offered the best guarantees in terms of energy performance and products warranties. They came in overall better than Champion Windows in terms of price vs cost. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Thank you in advance,

Mary

Windows on Washington

Re: Enviroview Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Mary,

MN is certainly one of the crucibles of window performance. I am not familiar with the Enviroview window so I cannot comment personally.

I think that a poster by the name of HomeSealed is further out in that direction so he may have some more poignant feedback.

What I can say is that a CPD# or performance data (U-Factor, SHGC, Air infiltration, etc) would help us evaluate the window. That is the starting point. You will need to do some of your own vetting on the contractor to make sure that you are getting a proper installation.

I cannot find an Enviroview window on the NFRC so it is likely that it is a private label or model inside a given window line. Find out who makes the window and we can help from there.

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Iirc Enviroview is another rebranded Alside Window for a new "Exclusive Dealer" program they have set up. I don't know much about the "marketing package" other than it involves sales training by one of the top people in the industry (name witheld on purpose). I wonder how many times they can rebrand the Sheffield extrusion?

canuck

#4 Post by canuck »

enviroview is a re branded excalibur.

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

canuck wrote:enviroview is a re branded excalibur.

Aha, that must mean they reached the limit on rebranding Sheffields and have moved on to the Excalibur. :lol:

Whats next? The Centurion? God help us!

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Mary,
I would venture to say that every pro contributing to this site would tell you you should look for a better product. You can do a search through this site to find out more of the specifics of the reasons Alside windows are not respected.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

I have not seen the Enviroview in this market yet, however I'd strongly agree with the others that there are far better choices if it is an Alside product.

Grandma456

#8 Post by Grandma456 »

Thank you for your responses.

Although it seems like this bulletion board is mainly made up of competitors who seem to bash others products.

I am not sure about this rebranding you speak of but I checked the NFRC ratings with the company and they showed me that it met all the criteria for the tax credit. After carefully looking at several major companies locally and seeing the windows installed in some homes, I feel the Enviroview was the best price for what I am getting.

Additionally, this window came with the best performance guarantee. A 40 percent fuel savings guarantee and a Lifetime warranty on seal failure and glass breakage.

TommyJ

#9 Post by TommyJ »

Grandma456 wrote:Thank you for your responses.

Although it seems like this bulletion board is mainly made up of competitors who seem to bash others products.

I am not sure about this rebranding you speak of but I checked the NFRC ratings with the company and they showed me that it met all the criteria for the tax credit. After carefully looking at several major companies locally and seeing the windows installed in some homes, I feel the Enviroview was the best price for what I am getting.

Additionally, this window came with the best performance guarantee. A 40 percent fuel savings guarantee and a Lifetime warranty on seal failure and glass breakage.

Mary (if that is your name),

You just went from posting what would be regarded as a consumer's questions to showing what is likely your true colors as an Enviro View dealer.

You started with meeting with Champion (probably your biggest competitor as an Alside dealer) and now you have supposedly met with several major brands and all in the span of 24 hours. You do realize that your story is full of holes and you are below average storyteller.

This board is made up of a bunch of pros who have installed, collectively, probably a million windows. It is those personal experiences with given windows that have given them the knowledge of a given product line. In this case, the Alside Sheffield, is an average window at best. It has one of the largest frame dimensions and doesn't even use a welded sill. Great window indeed.

Lets summarize:

-huge frame and a ton of vinyl with very little glass
-lazy design with a clip in sill instead of what is an industry standard welded sill
-weep tracks for the non-welded sill
-clip in air damn on the inside that bows
-clip in glazing bead/handle
-Poor air infiltration numbers (0.20 cf/min) as compared to any of the better brands

A 40% fuel savings guarantee. Feel free to post up a copy of that so that it can be shown as the sham that it is. Read the fine print "Mary". You will find that it isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Glass breakage and Lifetime seal failure, pretty standard in the industry and glass breakage is usually a waste of time.

What did you get this great window for?

Skydawggy

#10 Post by Skydawggy »

Any company that says it can guarantee a 40% fuel saving tells me all I need to know about them. You would not save 40% if you tore out all your windows and reframed the opening using R-19 insulation.

Most of the pros here are quite familiar with the Alside Excalibur window. If you think you know better and wish to put your experience with windows up against over 100 collective years of experience here, then by all means go ahead. Apparently you didn't hear what you wanted to so suddenly we are a bunch of biased competitors? Good luck with the windows. that's one of the worst windows you could choose based on the air infiltration rating alone. You do realize that AI is NOT a criteria for the tax credits don't you?
Last edited by Skydawggy on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zabozz

#11 Post by zabozz »

I would also check the warranty closely. We had a company come in and push Enviroview windows. The salesman told us repeatedly about the 40% energy savings and lifetime warranty. We actually signed up, but then the fine print said no verbal warranties were valid. The lifetime warranty turned into 5 and there was no mention of guaranteed energy savings. We felt scammed and ended up cancelling for that reason among others. If you search for "Enviro View" you should be able to find the previous thread.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

TommyJ wrote:
Grandma456 wrote:Thank you for your responses.

Mary (if that is your name),

You just went from posting what would be regarded as a consumer's questions to showing what is likely your true colors as an Enviro View dealer.

You started with meeting with Champion (probably your biggest competitor as an Alside dealer) and now you have supposedly met with several major brands and all in the span of 24 hours. You do realize that your story is full of holes and you are below average storyteller.

This board is made up of a bunch of pros who have installed, collectively, probably a million windows. It is those personal experiences with given windows that have given them the knowledge of a given product line. In this case, the Alside Sheffield, is an average window at best. It has one of the largest frame dimensions and doesn't even use a welded sill. Great window indeed.

Lets summarize:

-huge frame and a ton of vinyl with very little glass
-lazy design with a clip in sill instead of what is an industry standard welded sill
-weep tracks for the non-welded sill
-clip in air damn on the inside that bows
-clip in glazing bead/handle
-Poor air infiltration numbers (0.20 cf/min) as compared to any of the better brands

A 40% fuel savings guarantee. Feel free to post up a copy of that so that it can be shown as the sham that it is. Read the fine print "Mary". You will find that it isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Glass breakage and Lifetime seal failure, pretty standard in the industry and glass breakage is usually a waste of time.

What did you get this great window for?
Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself! :D.... I think the moderators could make this response "sticky" so we don't have keep saying why Alside stinks everyday. :wink:

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

davidmack4444

#14 Post by davidmack4444 »

Multiple translucent printed images may be laminated in layers to achieve certain visual effects or to hold holographic images. Many printing businesses that do commercial lamination keep a variety of laminates on hand, as the process for bonding many types is generally similar when working with arbitrarily thin material.

Kitchen laminate

buddy110

#15 Post by buddy110 »

Windows on Washington wrote:Image
LOLOLOLOLOLOL :mrgreen: