New very large full screen bowing at top -- is this normal?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BRUUUUCE

New very large full screen bowing at top -- is this normal?

#1 Post by BRUUUUCE »

We're in the middle of an installation of Great Lakes SeaBrookes in our home.

So far, four of the large 2-lite slider (roughly 69 1/2 x 46) have been installed.

there are full screens on the windows. On 3 of the 4, it is very noticeable that the top of the screen bows down. There is much more of the center top of the screen showing than the left and right top sides. Is this just because the screen is so large? So it's acceptable? Is it a manufacturing issue or and installation issue? The window which is not so obvious is not as wide -- it's shorter than 69 1/2.

I checked the windows which have not been installed and all the screens in those are square.

help. the installation should be completed today/tomorrow and i need to know if i should make this an issue or not. Aesthetically, it bothers me.

HomeSealed

Re: New very large full screen bowing at top -- is this normal?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I would note it to the installer and ask that he fix it... It is likely that they put a screw up through the middle of the head jamb and just pulled it up a little too much, making it look like the screen is off, when in fact its probably the window frame itself. They should be able to just back that out a bit to correct it...You can check this by grabbing a tape measure and taking measurements it the sides and another in the middle (of the window frame) and see if they match. If it is in fact the screen itself, just tell them that you want them replaced. That shouldn't be a problem.