Starmark DH900 windows by OKNA

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
saloysia

Starmark DH900 windows by OKNA

#1 Post by saloysia »

HEllo all,

For the past 2 months I have been shopping for windows for my house. THey are standard double huung 13 windows i needed to replace. I receive quotes from various sources and i finally decided to go with Starmark windows by okna. Its double hung, with double pane glass and argon gas. Here are my quotes.

Pella vinyl - 6800
PElla Fiber glass - 9250
Preservation vinyl - 9000 (Joe pecario - note would not go with this company in NJ)
Marvin INfinity - 12,000
Starmark by OKna -8000.

I went with OKNA because of the quality and the most bang for the buck. It averages around 615 per window. What i would like to know is

a) IS the price right for 13 windows (double hung, 5 with grids)
b) ANy feedback on Starmark by Okna. I know its compressed PVC etc and in general a good window. But anything else i should know. The OKNA 800 series vinyl window was 1300 less, and i am not sure if I should go with them.

Any help is appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Starmark DH900 windows by OKNA

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

saloysia wrote:HEllo all,

For the past 2 months I have been shopping for windows for my house. THey are standard double huung 13 windows i needed to replace. I receive quotes from various sources and i finally decided to go with Starmark windows by okna. Its double hung, with double pane glass and argon gas. Here are my quotes.

Pella vinyl - 6800
PElla Fiber glass - 9250
Preservation vinyl - 9000 (Joe pecario - note would not go with this company in NJ)
Marvin INfinity - 12,000
Starmark by OKna -8000.

I went with OKNA because of the quality and the most bang for the buck. It averages around 615 per window. What i would like to know is

a) IS the price right for 13 windows (double hung, 5 with grids)
b) ANy feedback on Starmark by Okna. I know its compressed PVC etc and in general a good window. But anything else i should know. The OKNA 800 series vinyl window was 1300 less, and i am not sure if I should go with them.

Any help is appreciated.
That is crazy good pricing on that window and insanely low on the 800 for that matter as well.

jackiec

#3 Post by jackiec »

I did 10 of the same, all with grids for $650 ea. Love them!

saloysia

#4 Post by saloysia »

Did you see any energy efficiency?

jackiec

#5 Post by jackiec »

saloysia wrote:Did you see any energy efficiency?

I am sure energy efficiency has been greatly increased. However, it's impossible for me to measure because we added a pellet insert @ the same time. Oil heat has been turned off for the first floor since the stove was installed . What I do notice is how outside noise has been reduced. It sometimes gets eerily quiet inside when all windows are shut.