Reccomendation for Simonton installers in North New Jersey?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Skydawggy

Re: Reccomendation for Simonton installers in North New Jersey?

#16 Post by Skydawggy »

Simontons site is one of the best manufacturers sites on the Internet. Here's info on the different glass packages.

http://www.simonton.com/NR/rdonlyres/4C ... 10_WEB.pdf

george1234

#17 Post by george1234 »

Thanks for the link EcoStar.

I still have no idea where that link is located on their website. I'm blind as a bat. :(

Skydawggy

#18 Post by Skydawggy »

It is a little hard to find. You have to click on Energy Tax Credit and it will bring up specs for the windows with and without grids. The just select which one you want.

Bill

#19 Post by Bill »

I rarely sell the low-e 366 in New Jersey the solar heat gain is too low for the region. I would use the glass system specifications listed below; it's a package glass system call Super Sensor Plus AR. The information is from Simontons order entry system

36" (T) X 50" (T) 9800 Impressions White Double Hung; Tip-to-Tip; BOX; 1'' IGU Thickness; Super Sensor Plus AR; Supercept; Low E Softcoat (Prosolar); Argon Gas; Double Glazed; Laminated All Inside; Double Strength (1/8"); Half Screen Fiberglass Extruded Screen Mold; 00 No Reinforcement; Two Air Latches; Two White; Plain; Regular Lift Handles; Sill Extender; Balance Covers; Glass Warranty (UI=86"); DP:25; Test Number=91631.01; U-Factor:.30; SHGC:.26; Unit qualifies for ENERGY STAR region(s): Northern, North Central, South Central, Southern

windowmike

#20 Post by windowmike »

Simonton calls it Whisper Glass in their Prism line
The added weight can sag the sash
Simonton sashes can be reinforced with aluminum.

SoftLite Ls sash is reinforced with kevlar/fiberglass "K-Beam" standard
Laminated glass is available
LS offers .02 air infiltration and foam filled frames standard as well

george1234

#21 Post by george1234 »

all my windows will be less than 36" wide. do you guys recommend reinforcing the sash on the Simonton 9800 if I get the Laminated glass in the super sensor plus AR glass package?

Skydawggy

#22 Post by Skydawggy »

My general rule of thumb with any window is to order sash reinforcements if it's wider than 36". Probably would be OK up to 46" but why take chances when reinforcements are so cheap?

george1234

#23 Post by george1234 »

Thanks. I will probably skip the sash reinforcements since all the windows are under 36".
I also found out how much the Super Sensor Plus package costs for the 12 windows. $1200.
Does that sound right? Seems a little high to me but i'm no expert.
Any thoughts?

ranger

#24 Post by ranger »

MI Windows are made for rental properties. XACT and Cutting Edge are low quality as well. Simonton is a quality window with great customer service.

HomeSealed

#25 Post by HomeSealed »

Cutting Edge is a "private label" and actually uses a few different products depending on the market, so it depends which one it is. The MI product has a lot of nice options, but pretty poor performance ratings.

ranger

#26 Post by ranger »

HomeSealed wrote:Cutting Edge is a "private label" and actually uses a few different products depending on the market, so it depends which one it is. The MI product has a lot of nice options, but pretty poor performance ratings.
Cutting Edge is the same window as the Xact and made by MI. Virtually every window made from the poorest quality to the highest quality has "alot of nice options". so did the Ford Pinto and look how well that car performed. cutting edge are junk. by the way that jerk is back posting about MI again.

HomeSealed

#27 Post by HomeSealed »

ranger wrote:
HomeSealed wrote:Cutting Edge is a "private label" and actually uses a few different products depending on the market, so it depends which one it is. The MI product has a lot of nice options, but pretty poor performance ratings.
Cutting Edge is the same window as the Xact and made by MI. Virtually every window made from the poorest quality to the highest quality has "alot of nice options". so did the Ford Pinto and look how well that car performed. cutting edge are junk. by the way that jerk is back posting about MI again.
Ranger please re-read my post, and/or familiarize yourself with product offerings prior to attempting to correct my statement. For one, I am not an advocate of the MI product to say the least. Secondly, Cutting Edge is a private label owned by Allied building products. They can sell whatever window they want under this label. MI is one product (to be fair it has been the primary offering), but they also sell a Great Lakes/PlyGem product which is a very solid window and should not be confused with MI.