Alside Excalibur vs BFRich Cabernet

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Dan0076

Alside Excalibur vs BFRich Cabernet

#1 Post by Dan0076 »

I'm replacing 23 windows and have gotten a few quotes.

Renewal by Anderson - 17,000
Alside Excalibur 6,200
BFRich Cabernet 8,600

The renewal windows are just way out of my price range and from reading on here and other places seem to be overpriced. The reviews on here about the Alsides seemed poor and ruled those out for me. The BFRich windows while I haven't seen a lot of repeated recommendations for this window, many have said they are a solid mid-grade window.

I decided to go with the BFRich both because of the talk about them here and my neighbor had the same windows (same installer too) put in about 5 years ago and hasn't had any problems with them.

Does the price sound about right?

ranger

Re: Alside Excalibur vs BFRich Cabernet

#2 Post by ranger »

the excalibur is garbage.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would encourage you to expand your search a bit more.

The vinyl windows that you have in your survey are average to below average and the composite is just average.

windowmike

#4 Post by windowmike »

HMMMM BF rich was number one in volume in the r-5 program.

Nice Window IMO and I'm a Soft-Lite Fanatic

novalcal

#5 Post by novalcal »

I have 5 Excalibur's installed less than a year ago and still have not gotten all the problems resolved with them. Alside has turned the problem over to the warranty service which is not part of Alside. The Seller abandon me as soon as I paid for them.
They have Debris in the sealed panes, air leaks because of seal problems and screens that don't fit.

Avoid Alside products.

Clueless

#6 Post by Clueless »

I need to get roof done and was hoping to get siding and windows done at same time. We plan to retire in this house so looking at 20-30 years. I also have had Excalibur, BF Rich Cabernet and VGlass by Owens Corning recommended by installers. Haven't seen the quote on Excalibur yet but from everything I have read think I am ruling these out. I want a good window not necessarily high end but something I can reasonably expect to last me thru retirement. Does anyone have any recommendations? Opinion on the VGlass.