Wasco vs AllAmerican/softlite?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lex luther

Re: Wasco vs AllAmerican/softlite?

#16 Post by lex luther »

gatoramal what are the differences in quotes you got between the two and for how many windows/type? I bet Wasco is cheaper. If I'm right this proves my point.

Edit: I don't want people dealing with pushy sales people because that is just wrong. I would never buy things from pushy sales people myself, but that don't mean others won't. Nor would I ever buy windows from a company with shady marketing(i.e. $75 discount on each window). It's morally and ethically wrong as a business to do that.
Last edited by lex luther on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Skydawggy

#17 Post by Skydawggy »

lex luther wrote:gatoramal what are the differences in quotes you got between the two and for how many windows/type? I bet Wasco is cheaper. If I'm right this proves my point.

No it doesn't. At the very most it would mean that one person got a better price directly from Wasco than they did from an independent contractor. Another independent contractor selling the exact same product may be able to offer a lower price. Your general claim that a consumer can get a better deal on a factory direct window purchase is ridiculous. I'm not saying that sometimes it's true but more often than not, it's not true as demonstrated in the examples I gave.

Skydawggy

#18 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:+1

The negotiating skills of the customer should not determine what type of price they get. By that math, the widow who has never previously contracted for a remodel on her home is going to get the drastically shorter end of the stick as compared to the used car salesman that owns a home.

Is that really fair.

On a second note, if you are claiming that you know the RBA model so well and are an expert on their approach, yet do not know what the window is made of, you argument is like a house of cards. Nothing about the Fibrex (not fiberglass) material is any more expensive than well engineered vinyl.
Yep, and you know the local factory direct companies I'm talking about too. Certainly priced on the higher side of this market. They play up on the fact that their windows are "custom made for the DC climate", whatever that's supposed to mean.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

lex luther, I agree whole-heartedly with your stance AGAINST pushy sales tactics, and I'd say that most of the other regular contributors here probably feel the same (Although ironically, the companies mentioned have reputations for employing such tactics)... Your point about "cutting out the middle-man" is still invalid. Champion and RBA are independently owned, not one "large corporation". Each local dealer IS a middle-man, just as any other window dealer. I deal primarily Gorell products, but changing my name from HomeSealed to Gorell Milwaukee would change nothing about the structure of my company or my pricing... As I said before, it is(manufacture/install) just one more sales gimmick to try and set themselves apart.... On pricing, the Op could probably provide speciifics, but from what I've seen, the dealers who he/she was quoted from should be in the same ballpark.

crankthisout

#20 Post by crankthisout »

I thought this post was Wasco vs. All-American.

Wasco manufacturers in Milwaukee an installs in southeastern WI. (Home Made) All American purchases from a manufacturer in Ohio, has them shipped, and installs in southeastern WI.

I know this may be a wierd concept, but some people may like to do business with a company that makes it and installs it (especially in their home town).

I'm sure each would be fine, but that is the difference from a company standpoint.

From a product standpoint, Wasco has made changes for the better the last few years to a solid, middle of the road window. The Soft-Lite is better but how much is up the the consumer. If its more than $100/D.H. I'd stay with the Wasco.

Skydawggy

#21 Post by Skydawggy »

It was about Wasco and All American until you and Lex Luthur ran it off the rails by insinuating that having a factory install the product was preferable to an independent dealer. It's simply an easily provable false statement.

Nobody is saying Wasco doesn't do a good job or that a consumer won't be satisfied with their installers. But to claim that independent dealers don't provide a high quality install is simply untrue. Do you really think an AAMA certified Installation Master is incapable of performing a high quality installation of a Wasco window? I would think that if you wanted to make a point, you would have more than just the fact they work for the factory to prove your claim.
Last edited by Skydawggy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gatoramal

#22 Post by gatoramal »

Well, I was just looking for a comparison between Wasco and Allamerican since I had seen several positive posts on Wasco and no posts on Allamerican. My neighbors got windows from allamerican, but didn't shop around since they have some personal relationshop with allamerican. The quote from Wasco was maybe $200 less than Allamerican and they were definitely lower pressure as relates to "pushy salesmen", not that allamerican was too bad. I'm going with Wasco.

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

Gator, I think that you'll be happy either way with the product.... Price??? maybe not, but you certainly won't get a bad product or install from either of those respected companies.