Just had a Home Depot rep visit:

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
oldberkeley

Just had a Home Depot rep visit:

#1 Post by oldberkeley »

They're selling a white vinyl window called the Simonton 6100. I know that Simonton is a decent company making a decent window, but I assume that the 6100 is made excusively for Home Depot.

We are plannning on selling the house within 5 years.

Any feedback on this window is appreciated, TIA.

Bill

Re: Just had a Home Depot rep visit:

#2 Post by Bill »

The windows HD sells are re-branded Simonton products not an exclusive window just an exclusive name. The 6100 is the same as a Reflections 5050 and the Prism Silver. Prism is a private label name used by the distributor Norandex. Most windows produced by Simonton are sold under their brand name.

The 5050/6100 is at the lower end of Simonton’s offerings but it shares the same heavy duty balance system as the upper end window so mechanically its equal to their best. We sell plenty of them without any negative feedback. Not a bad choice for some applications.

Suggested upgrades to standard – add low-e/argon and upgrade the screen frame to extruded aluminum.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bill,

I thought they were going to get rid of the 5050 for the Asure?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

I was told the simonton 5050 is history, it was flimsy.
Even if you are only staying for 5 years, go with something solid, you will get your money back.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would only consider the Reflections 5500 or better.
I would not buy it from a big box.