Sunrise Collections

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Anthem

Sunrise Collections

#1 Post by Anthem »

I am looking at Sunrise windows and am confused by the various "Collections." The website doesn't list them and the forum discussions identify them as the Essential, the Sunrise, the Verde, the Vanguard, and the Restoration series. The local salesman quoted us a price for the Omega which he described as their top of the line model (they have the green foam insulation). The Sunrise website is not helpful in distinguishing the various models and their specifications. I am going to drop by the local dealer tomorrow but would like to know a bit more before asking them (by the way, the dealer's website says nothing about the different models). Does anyone know the difference between these models or collections? Any help will be appreciated.

Delaware Mike

Re: Sunrise Collections

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Stay away from the Essentials as that doesn't belong on the same playing field as any of their other series. Regular Sunrise models are fine for smaller narrow DH units. All of the crazy named upgraded series are very close to one another in performance and options. The Restorations and anything that features locks and that have built in tilt actuators will be a variation of their flagship series. This is an expensive window. Any variation of the Vanguard or Verde will serve you well.

I've not heard of Omega before? Omega 12 was a southern cooling climate based glass option that Sunrise started offering back in 2006/2007. They've made a lot of changes with the products and glass options over the last year regarding names and labels. I've personally found Sunrise very difficult to achieve a 100% correct order with regards to their recent growth spurt. However, their customer service is excellent and they do stand behind their products. We installed some Vanguard units yesterday and those units made the homeowner's 6-month old Alside Mezzos seem like they came out of dollar store.

The manufacture tolerances with Sunrise are very tight which is good for reducing potential air leakage.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Good explanation above. In descending order the lines go:
Restorations
Vanguard
Verde
Sunrise
Essentials

I have heard of a "V" class that is somewhere in the middle there as well, and last time I check Owens Corning was offering a private label version. Sunrise sets these up as separate "brands", so they will have their own marketing materials and websites, you can't just go to the Sunrise website for the info. All of the windows from "Sunrise" line and up are the same bones with varying levels of options/improvements. As Mike alluded to, Omega refers to a glass package, not a model unless that is something very new.
Also keep in mind that each market may not have all of those lines available, perhaps only one or two.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

You should probably add a couple of Pella ThermaStars and and Alside Geneva to that list between the Essentials and the Sunrise.

It is that big a piece of junk if you ask me.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

Omega is probably just what they're calling the window they sell from Sunrise, as they don't even call the glass Omega 12 anymore.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sunrise has me all messed up with the glass identifications these days. If it's not broke, don't fix it! It's worse than trying to order a small, medium, or large coffee at Starbucks!

Anthem

#7 Post by Anthem »

Thanks for all the input. My only choice is the Sunrise collection and I am happy with that. My only concern is with our big picture window which is 107" by 107". My dealer says he can build a single picture window rather than 2 or 3 smaller windows. Is this workable or should we divide it into 2 or 3 smaller windows?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#8 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Anthem wrote:Thanks for all the input. My only choice is the Sunrise collection and I am happy with that. My only concern is with our big picture window which is 107" by 107". My dealer says he can build a single picture window rather than 2 or 3 smaller windows. Is this workable or should we divide it into 2 or 3 smaller windows?
I don't sell Sunrise anymore, but my last price book from 2011 say the maximum width for picture windows is 107" and the maximum height is 101". I don't know if that has changed since 2011.
Usually companies have individual size restrictions on width and height plus a size restriction on those 2 numbers combined. For example, a company may have a 110" width limit and a 110" height limit, but a 150" width + height limitation (called united inches). I would double check that the salesman can really do a 214 United Inch picture window.

Anthem

#9 Post by Anthem »

Thanks. The local dealer says he can do it and that he has double checked with the factory. I still have questions about it and have called Sunrise but have not yet talked to a representative. For this large window, and 11 other windows of varying sizes (3 of which are arch-tops), his quote is $12,500. Does that sound fair?