Okna windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jazzerd8

Okna windows

#1 Post by Jazzerd8 »

Hi all,

I am new here. Wanted to ask your opinions on Okna 400/500 series and about them as a company. I am replacing 17 windows in Long Island and I want the best bang for the buck but I am concerned about resale value. It appears that Okna is a small, relatively unknown company that has a good product but is not recognized like Anderson, Marvin etc. in your opinion does this matter for resale value? Is there a better choice for replacement windows I can make for $400-600 installed? Thanks so much.

HomeSealed

Re: Okna windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

They are small compared to the small handful of giants in the industry like Pella, Andersen, Marvin, etc, but still a healthy sized company that is over 20 years old. There are many very small manufacturers, but Okna would be somewhere in a mid range of say $25-$75 million dollar companies. Remodeling magazine has them in the top 100 manufacturers for volume. I've dealt with them for some years now and I am a big fan. More importantly than that, the performance ratings of their products speak a bit more loudly even than great recommendations from contractors and homeowners. They are one of the top performing products on the market, I think most professionals would have them securely in the top 3 vinyl windows available today.

Jazzerd8

#3 Post by Jazzerd8 »

Thanks for that info. Is it worth looking at any bigger name windows in that price range?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

I know a realtor and this is how we handle okna in a resale situation.
When you sell the home you advertise it as having new Okna windows. Most likely they never heard of Okna but i guarantee they will be curious as to why the heck Okna windows are being mentioned. They will do an internet search and they will see the advantages okna has over the better known brands.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It is important to get the most high performance window that you can, regardless of the name.
Down load a brochure or get one from the dealer, save it with your other major house items that you want to pass on to a future buyer.