Quote SW Ohio

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Quote SW Ohio

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

oanagody wrote:Ok, I'm narrowing it down.
The project involves 5 double hung windows of different sizes plus one patio door.
The finalists are Softlite Elements: triple pane (there is some deal going on until the end of 2017 so we get this upgrade for free) $5200 vs. Polaris Ultraweld double pane Low E windows with argon gas, $4500.
The sliding doors are Softlite Kingsroyal Glide vs. Polaris Ultraweld patio door.

The Softlite will be about $700 more expensive total, but we are getting triple pane. Is the price difference worth it?
Thank you again for all your help navigating this decision. I almost feel like I should go ahead and replace all the windows in the house, before I forget everything I learned in the process. :)
Slam dunk for the Elements. Better window plus triple pane vs double... Unless you strongly favor the installation company of the Polaris this is an easy choice... I'd also add that price is criminally low on the Elements, and still a damn good deal on the UW. If the door is $2500 give or take, that gets you Elements dh's with triple pane for around $500 each? You are getting close to installed cost at that price point.

Windows on Washington

Re: Quote SW Ohio

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

1000%

This is a no-brainer in terms of performance dollar (window and glass) per dollar comparison.

Great job.