Help me decide which windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
skydoggie7

Help me decide which windows

#1 Post by skydoggie7 »

I am brand new to ever posting anything, but found this site through my research for months and have found your posts very enlightening. Now I am asking for help. I am looking for the best possible window for my particular situation. I have talked with many companies and am now just confused.

My home is located in Central Florida and let me first say, I do not pay for electricity as I am in the solar field and my home is completely solar. That being said, The u-factor and SHGC is not that important, but is still important, as the solar panels will degrade over time. My biggest concern is VLT and sound. I am looking for good quality windows with the best warranty, as we plan on this being our forever home.

Here is what I have so far and would like any input on which windows I should just throw away and which windows I should consider.

Cost is a factor, but not the main factor as I want them to last.

FAS Simonton 5050 9,213.01
Pella vinyl (not 350) 8,260.99
CWS series 650 8,517.74
Window World 6000 9,200.00
New South 9,856.99 ( apparently manufactured in Florida for Florida)
Central Window Sales ( getting proposal now for soft-lite pro)

From what I have read, from all your educated posts, is that soft-lite is a good window along with the Okna 500. I could not find a Okna dealer close to me, so I am waiting on the proposal from soft-lite to come in, tomorrow. below is the scope of the windows I am looking at. What do you think is a fair price installed in Florida?

Double hung: approx sizing

2 windows 1 opening
73 X 38
grids

8 windows 4 openings
73 X 50
grids

2 windows 2 openings
36 X 50
no grids

2 windows 2 openings
36 X 38
no grids
obscured
temper

Sliders:

1 window 1 opening
1/3 x 1/3 x 1/3
110 x 24
no grids

1 window 1 opening
1/3 x 1/3 x 1/3
110 x 50
no grids

Installed on a concrete block home with no stucco.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Help me decide which windows

#2 Post by masterext »

ljnealandsons wrote:My suggestion is to go for energy efficient Alside or Anderson windows which are perfect and also comes with affordable prices. Also, choose a triple-pane option which adds more security to your home.
You have a wonderful sense of humor. Alside or andersen for energy efficiency???? Why not recommend a donut diet to improve his health.
I dont think anyone is taking you seriously.

randy

Re: Help me decide which windows

#3 Post by randy »

I’m intrigued by the notion that triple pane window enhance a home’s security. Perhaps the poster could elaborate.