Matching new construction & replacement vinyl windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sherryberry

Matching new construction & replacement vinyl windows

#1 Post by sherryberry »

Hello everyone,
I have been researching for days and have learned more about vinyl windows than I ever really needed to know. lol

I believe I may have narrowed my selection down to Simonton, but am open to suggestions. My main concern is trying to get new construction windows and replacement windows that will match. I found out that the Simonton Prism Platimum can be ordered with a flange. Are there many companies out there that have this option? I'm in eastern NC. Is approx. $250 a good price for this window (approx 3 x 5)? We are adding on a small addition and need to place a few new construction windows and will eventually be replacing all the others in the house.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Windows on Washington

Re: Matching new construction & replacement vinyl windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Pricing is tough to comment on as it is very regional in nature.

In terms of your question, all of the really good replacement windows will have a new construction option whether it be integral or an add on.

sherryberry

#3 Post by sherryberry »

Thank you! I found out that Simonton windows could add a flange to their Prism Platinum. Wasn't sure if other companies did the same. Good to know.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Most vinyl windows will have the option to add a snap in fin via utility channel if it does not already come with an integrated fin as an option.