Alside, Joyce, Soft-Lite, or Provia Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ats1083

Alside, Joyce, Soft-Lite, or Provia Windows

#1 Post by ats1083 »

I have had many folks out to give me a quote from Renewal by Anderson to Window Depot and a few in between. All of my quotes are based on 9 replacement windows and 2 new windows. All double hung with grids on the top and bottom. Of course each one has the "best window" and "highest quality" installation. My estimates are as follows:

Window Depot - Alside Mezzo Triple Pane (yet to 100% confirm if the ThermD TG2 or ThermD TG2 ELITE)- $5,637.71
--ThermD TG 2 has a U-Factor of .22 and SHGC of .26 while the ELITE has a U-Factor of .22 and SHGC of .19

Zen Windows - Joyce Lotus Plus Double Pane - $7,051.48
--U-Factor .27 and SHGC of .21

Zen Windows - Soft-Lite PRO Triple Pane - $7,129.28
--U-Factor .22 and SHGC of .26

Local Company - Provia Endure ComforTech DLA - $4,850.28 (one man show, highly rated)
-- U-Factor .27 and SHGC .27
--- asking for quote on the ComforTech BLA-UA Glass (would bring the SHGC down to .21)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Windows on Washington

Re: Alside, Joyce, Soft-Lite, or Provia Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most proven window of the bunch is the Soft-Lite Pro in my opinion, but I am not sure how Zen does their installations to be honest and what level of oversight they are providing.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Alside, Joyce, Soft-Lite, or Provia Windows

#3 Post by masterext »

When you say “ new windows”, do you mean new construction windows or actually creating a new opening with a structural header?
I havent heard Joyce mentioned in a while, its a decent window. At least their upper line is. I also like the soft lite.