Simonton 5050 vs Softlite Bainbridge...looking for advice.

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Cmatthixon

Simonton 5050 vs Softlite Bainbridge...looking for advice.

#1 Post by Cmatthixon »

I am located in Western North Carolina and am looking to do replacement windows for my house. I think it is finally time to get rid of the 1940s single pane wooden windows and finally feel like the house is warm. I have had two quotes...one from Ecoview for the Simonton 5050 series and one from a local company who uses the Softlite Bainbridge windows. The Bainbridge seems like a better window but it comes in at about $1000 more for the total cost of the job.
Is it worth the extra money for the Softlites? Are the Simonton’s decent? I am super new to the world of replacement windows so any help would be great! Thank you in advance!

HomeSealed

Re: Simonton 5050 vs Softlite Bainbridge...looking for advice.

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Bainbridge is solid, although the LS or Elements would be preferred. All are better than the other option and I would say that the price premium is justified on product alone. The degree of the upcharge "fairness" will depend on how many windows.

Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton 5050 vs Softlite Bainbridge...looking for advice.

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bainbridge is a decent window. As mentioned the LS and Elements are light years ahead though.