Majestic vs Okna 600

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Majestic vs Okna 600

#31 Post by TheWindowNerd »

My personal experience doesn't matter much, I have been a window installer for 39 years. Took my tool belt off last year.
My picky master mecanhic has been installing since 14 years old, so he only has 20 years under his belt.
Our first Majestic order we had 6 QC service issues, maybe that tainted use, the one that was super surprising was a broken sash weld.

Ricknez

#32 Post by Ricknez »

i find your statement laughable and extremely hard to believe. we dont get 6 QC issues in one year and yet you claim you had 6 in just one order! i dont believe that.
we have used the majestic for over 5 years and do a rather large volume and if we ever had recurring qc issues we would easily migrate to another brand. i have to say the QC with Majestic is the best we have had with any brand and considering the volume we do, i do not think you are being truthful here.
i rely on feedback from my installers and they are the first ones to provide info on the strength or weakness of a window; they all say the Majestic is stronger than any other window they have installed. that tells me a lot. i understand we all have preferences but to make that kind of claim is completely out of line.

TheWindowNerd

#33 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It is only out of line if untrue.
You can contact Ideal and we will get the truth.
Dude you should back up, you do not know me, and you make your self look like a fool with no help from me.

Ricknez

#34 Post by Ricknez »

i am going to forward your misleading post to management at Ideal. we have 3 full time sales reps and not one ever had a customer complain about qc issues nor have our installers, or anyone in our shipping dept.
im sure there will be a record of your so called 6 QC issues on one order including a cracked weld. There is no way you could ever install a window with a cracked weld. You would of definitely had to contact Ideal for something like that not to mention your alleged 6 other issues that you claimed happened with only one order. Im curious to find out if Ideal actually has any record of this. Im betting NO ! If there is no record, that claim would be a very big issue and Ideal would be quite upset.
thats an audacious claim.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#35 Post by masterext »

Rick
How long have you been offering Majestic Windows? Did you ever use their woodgrain?

Ricknez

#36 Post by Ricknez »

Been using that window for about 5 years. Our company wont do woodgrain options, it can be a pain. Although their woodgrain has a good look. If we absolutely need to do a woodgrain, we will use sunrise since we can use their madera trim but its rare.

HomeSealed

#37 Post by HomeSealed »

Not saying anything about the product in question, but Window Nerd is is a pretty honest and ethical guy. This is a guy that will publicly criticize the very products that he sells if warranted, not a self promoter.... I don't think that one experience that anyone has with a given product should be enough to render judgement for or against it, but I do believe that Nerd had a poor experience as described for whatever that is worth, and his track record has earned him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Ricknez

#38 Post by Ricknez »

homeseal, i respect your comment as you are a veteran contributor here. i also agree with you in that a homeowner cannot base a decision on only one installers experience in which case we are referencing “ window nerd” who only used that window for one job only.
i look at his comment dubiously for 2 reasons.
1- he claims to of had 6 QC issues on only
one job whereas we barely get that many in one year and we do a large volume.
2- he claims to of had a cracked weld in which case he could of not installed a window with a cracked weld and that is certainly something Ideal would have a record of. no way he magically fixed that in the field. either way Ideal would have some sort of record of his complaint, especially 6 in one job!
there is no record of that.
i am very suspicious of his remarks and question his motive.
however, i also respect your opinion as you come across as very fair.

toddinmn

#39 Post by toddinmn »

I would have no problem installing a window with a broken sash weld. All you have to do is replace the sash. It would be a bigger inconvenience to both the window company and home owner to set up a new date to come out. So you called up Majestic and asked if the Nerd has ordered Windows and if there were QC problems? I don’t see many companies offering this info up. I would be more Leary if the problems were multiple thing Vs 1 thing on multiple windows. I have based my opinion on some brands that I have limited experience with and I still stick by them , but they are just opinions.

Ricknez

#40 Post by Ricknez »

toddmn, there is no record of him ever doing that we are one of their largest companies and they are not happy.
window nerd seems to be the name of his company.
basically- “ so and so claims he only did one job with your window and he claims he had 6 QC issues including a cracked weld, is that true? “
Answer- What !! no

toddinmn

#41 Post by toddinmn »

In this corner we got the vet with 39 years experience , board favorite with 31 fights 18 by KO, in the other we got the newbie out of know where, history unknown , talks the talk not sure how he walks but beeming with confidence. I’ll be taking bets on the contractor board!

Delaware Mike

#42 Post by Delaware Mike »

Welding vinyl isn't as easy as metal, it likes to melt. I had to once and somehow got it done lol........... "The guy that says it can't be done needs to stay out the way of the guy doing it."

I'd like to see that Ideal window sometime. I've heard some good stuff about it, however the lumberyards that carry Ideal around my parts have outdated samples and displays of older and lower grade Ideal units.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#43 Post by masterext »

Mike, the lumberyards carry Ideal’s budget window. The Majestic series is a true welded sloped sill with no weep holes. Its a much nicer design. The Majestic is a solid window in my opinion.
Last edited by masterext on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toddinmn

#44 Post by toddinmn »

When I weld metal it likes to melt, I find welding plastic , ABS to be specific easier. Polypropylene is a bit harder and I haven’t done PVC .

TheWindowNerd

#45 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Hey Mike,
If we connect at Okna or the Amish market I will give you one of my Majestic sample.
It is minus a lock had to take it off to service a customer.