Hoppers, what’s recommended?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
frankyice8

Hoppers, what’s recommended?

#1 Post by frankyice8 »

I’m looking to replace old windows in my basement, with some hopper style, and was wondering which brand/line I should focus my attention on? What’s you’re top 2-3 recommended, incase one or another isn’t available for me. Also want to replace a door, something solid and secure. Located in Philly. Thanks in advance guys!

Delaware Mike

Re: Hoppers, what’s recommended?

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I've been using the OKNA 500 series hoppers for the last few years and I seem to like them compared to the Sunrise and Soft-Lite versions. Regarding doors most of pros like ProVia, HMI, and Homeguard. With the Philly area you could like a Guida or North East Building Products which both make their doors locally outside of the city. Guida will install too, NEBP would just manufacturer.

frankyice8

#3 Post by frankyice8 »

Thank you, that’s actually very helpful. I’m a big fan of the Okna 500DX and have had HMI doors installed in the past. Both top notch products, but good to know there are other solid recommendations (just in case).

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I do like the q-lon style v-seal used on the Okna hoppers. This type of window is a total after thought for most manufacturers with cheapo parts. There are some other decent options, but this one is my "go-to".