Quote seem resonable?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jerrymcganin

Quote seem resonable?

#1 Post by jerrymcganin »

First time homeowner here, and the windows are my first big project. So just looking to get advice on this quote and make sure I'm not getting taken.

Replacing 4 windows (average bedroom sizes):
- 1 casement
- 3 sliding

All Pella 250 Series windows
Quoted $4522

So my questions are is Pella considered a quality brand and does the price seem ok?

Windows on Washington

Re: Quote seem resonable?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What type of installation was proposed and what, if any, options are there in the windows?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

There are some very well made vinyl windows that most pro’s strongly endorse but Pella is Not one of them.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

That price would generally be in the normal range, although more specifics are needed as WoW alluded to in regard to where on that spectrum it would fall. The window itself(Pella 250) is not a top performer. Get another quote or two and compare U value, climate appropriate SHGC, condensation resistance, air leakage rating, and DP. A few of the most recommended brands are Softlite, Okna, Sunrise, and Polaris, although there are others. The top models from those manufacturers are anywhere from very good to excellent, and would likely present a superior value for you.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Need more specs to eval...color, size, other options, any agg factors?
Pocket sill in double hung s is the biggest neg for Pella, but you are not doing any DH, but if you have any you may want to think about brand consistence through the home.
I would look for other great windows.
Where is your project located?

wayne theWindowNerd.com