Sliding Patio Door - options options and confusion

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
RS123

Sliding Patio Door - options options and confusion

#1 Post by RS123 »

Hello Experts,

We have received quotes to replace 2 sets of Patio Doors to Sliding Doors (approx 72-80 each). Both doors open to a screened porch so probably no need for a LoE glass. As luck would have it i have gotten 5 quotes and all dealers have presented a different company/brand of doors. The doors have no grids and blinds in between the glass for privacy.

1. Renewal By Anderson (Permashield 200) (by far the most expensive) - $9300
2. Okna Elegante - $7400
3. Sunrise Verde - $8000
4. Provia Aspect - $8500
5. Thomson Creek - $6300 (TC does not have blinds in the glass)

Includes installations. We are leaning towards Verde or Provia but honestly i had not heard of both these brands until i got the quotes. We just new Andersen and so started out wanting but that quote was just unreal!

Any opinions or advice on Provia and Verde? Appreciate any and all help!

Delaware Mike

Re: Sliding Patio Door - options options and confusion

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I install three of those series and like the OKNA the best. It operates super nice and is built like a tank. I feel it's sill area is more air tight too. The Sunrise will have a slightly lower threshold interior profile in regard to what you have to step over to exit/enter through the door. It features a pultruded fiberglass threshold, however it's a mechanic butt joint frame where as the OKNA is fully welded frame that comes fully assembled, thus I like the engineering of it better. Good luck!

RS123

#3 Post by RS123 »

Delaware Mike

Appreciate your response. I have been trying to convince my wife to go with Okna but of all things she does not like the hardware on the door. Your response might help me :)

RS

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Another vote for that Okna door, and at the best price point to boot. They do have two hardware options, the regular handle style and the Intuition which is more slim lined. Not sure if you've seen both? ... As DM stated, the Sunrise unit is very nice as well, but I agree with him on the welded frame. That's a feature that I like.

RS123

#5 Post by RS123 »

Gentlemen

Many thanks for the input and advice. I am losing to the Verde to the wife. And after an overnight drinking session I have decided to not die on that hill and go with Verde! Both have lifetime warranties on material and labor and the Verde has a 20 year warranty on the internal blinds as well. Fingers crossed and taking the plunge!

Thanks
RS

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

RS, you are a wise man... The best part is that you are not going to go wrong with either of those doors, they are the top two vinyl doors on the market IMO. Good choice.