Ordering Window question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Window2728

Ordering Window question

#1 Post by Window2728 »

Hello,
have a question regarding the process for when window installers order new windows from manufacturers. When I go on the Energy Star website looking at my casement, double hung and sliders for brand of windows thinking of installing. Looking at the CPD, there are literally more than 50 variations for each type of window. How do i know the right windows are being ordered or can mistakes be made when the window contractor orders the windows. Do they sometimes make a mistake when ordering? thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Ordering Window question

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Rarely they make mistakes, however, the window should come with an NFRC label on them. That could/should confirm what type of window you got and/or you can ask for the build sheet on the windows.

HomeSealed

Re: Ordering Window question

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. It would be nearly impossible to go "shopping" for windows on NFRC, the platform simply isn't made for that. If you are able to find a few windows for consideration and you'd like to double check NFRC to make sure that the sales rep is being truthful, then you can ask for a CPD # and look that up.