Replacement Window Manufacture Recommendations

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
wickedtunadad

Replacement Window Manufacture Recommendations

#1 Post by wickedtunadad »

I am replacing 24 double hung windows with a rough average size of 30x60 in standard 2x4 construction with vinyl siding exterior. I’m looking for a high-end mid-range window (if that makes any sense), with good energy efficiency but more importantly low air infiltration as my current 20+ year old windows leak like a sieve. I have been doing some research and quite frankly all of the numbers are running together. A couple of questions.
1. Any recommendations for window manufacturer/model?
2. Any recommendations on installer? I live in Havre de Grace, MD which is about 35 miles northeast of Baltimore
3. I did receive quote for Vytex Grand View windows of $740 installed. As a point of reference is this considered a good window? Is the installed price extremely high as I believe it to be?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

toddinmn

Re: Replacement Window Manufacture Recommendations

#2 Post by toddinmn »

From my understanding the Grandview is pretty much the Georgetown with a different a name and sold by Window Nation. This would be the bottom end if the Vytex line. There is big step going to Fortis and Potomac series and. I don’t know if they have an equivalent Rebranded window. Sounds like the Fortis line would be what you want. If it is indeed the Georgetown series the price would be to high and not what you want. Consider Okna 500, Soft-Lite LS , Polaris Thermalweld plus.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

It sounds like you may be within the service area of Windows on Washington, if so, you should definitely give them a call. Top notch outfit, their window offerings are top tier performers (especially air infiltration), and they offer excellent installation and service.

On the unit in question, I'd agree with the other sentiments that the Fortis and Potomac would be more in line with what you would want. Is the pricing extremely high? Not by a long shot. Its possible that you may be able to find a better value (similar window for a little less or a better window for the same or a little more), but "EXTREMELY HIGH" would not be a good description unless that price doesn't include installation.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I too would suggest that you contact Windows on Washington, good company.

Window choices I would suggest the Okna 800DX or Vytex Potomac. Both are the lowest AI/AL you will find.

wayne theWindowNerd.com

wickedtunadad

#5 Post by wickedtunadad »

Thanks for the help. I will contact WoW to see if my location is within their service area.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Feel free to email me directly: enovotny@windowsonwashington.net