New Windows Central Michigan

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Shepherd

New Windows Central Michigan

#1 Post by Shepherd »

Hello All, I have been lurking and reading for a bit on these forums as I am approaching a window / siding project for my home. I see a definite trend toward favoring Soft-Lite Elements, Okna 600/800 series, and a couple others from a lot of posters here. The little wrinkle that I have in my job is that my existing sheathing of the house is a kind of softer, dark brown, fiberboard that was apparently popular in the 70's. It doesn't seem to hold anchors very well, and therefore, I want to pursue all new sheathing for the home. This will open us up to address any insulation needs, and I believe, to use new construction type windows in lieu of replacement type. Does this fact change / alter some of your recommendations at all, or would they still hold true? Also, does anyone have any specific dealer / installer recommendations in the Central Michigan area? Thanks in advance, I appreciate any information / opinions that you would have.

(My apologies as I posted this in the "reviews" area and thought I probably should have placed it in here instead)

Windows on Washington

Re: New Windows Central Michigan

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

All of the windows in your list are adaptable to be new construction applications.