Pure Core Platinum windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
toddinmn

Re: Pure Core Platinum windows

#31 Post by toddinmn »

Whoops.

runningman20

#32 Post by runningman20 »

Ok the Soft-Lite quote came in around $500 cheaper but that was quoted with dual pane glass. He said I didn't need triple pane but I told him the quote I received from Sunrise included triple. It was the Elements line. So 12 casement windows total, 10 of them tempered and two smaller ones in the basement that don't need to be tempered was quoted at 16,790 for SL and 17,370 for Sunrise with those being triple pane.

runningman20

#33 Post by runningman20 »

I'm assuming at that price point the Sunrise is the way to go? Are there any other brands I should be looking at? Okna is still not available in Michigan. Thanks! Matt

HomeSealed

#34 Post by HomeSealed »

If you were choosing based only on product and price, I like the Sunrise casement enough that I'd still choose it for the small premium.

That said, how did this other company compare? Installation specs? How long have they been in business? What are their reviews and ratings like on google etc? Do they have a location that you can visit if your phone calls aren't getting returned? How did you feel overall in terms of them being trustworthy? Were their quotes comprehensive and professional?

None of these items guarantee anything of course, but the product and price are close enough in my opinion that looking deeper at the two installing companies could and possibly should make your decision here.

runningman20

#35 Post by runningman20 »

HomeSealed wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:23 am If you were choosing based only on product and price, I like the Sunrise casement enough that I'd still choose it for the small premium.

That said, how did this other company compare? Installation specs? How long have they been in business? What are their reviews and ratings like on google etc? Do they have a location that you can visit if your phone calls aren't getting returned? How did you feel overall in terms of them being trustworthy? Were their quotes comprehensive and professional?

None of these items guarantee anything of course, but the product and price are close enough in my opinion that looking deeper at the two installing companies could and possibly should make your decision here.
Both companies have equally good reviews and have both been in business for many years. I am comfortable with either of them, maybe a slight edge to the Soft-Lite since they are fairly close to me. I do have some questions about the warranty on the Sunrise that I need to ask. Since they are made by Sunrise but sold under a different name I'm not sure what happens if the install company ever goes out of business. I'm not sure if Sunrise would still honor the warranty.

Also per the Sunrise website, they recommend doing a full frame replacement instead of a pocket install but that company only does pocket installs which seemed kind of strange but also sounds pretty common so not sure if that would ever be an issue.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#36 Post by masterext »

Ignore the “ full frame “ replacement, thats just a recommendation by sunrise since they also sell all the trim..
Both are very good products and you will be happy with either. As far as warranty, Sunrise makes the window with a private label so they will warranty it just as they would any other sunrise product.
What is the lead time on both?

toddinmn

#37 Post by toddinmn »

The Soft- Lite would probably be more expensive in Triple pane and the Sunrise cheaper in dual pane . I’d say Sunrise is the winner If the things Homesealed mentioned check out. You picked 2 nice suits , hopefully you get an excellent tailor.

runningman20

#38 Post by runningman20 »

Ok thank you! Yeah I thought they would have the same warranty but apparently only a 50 year through the install company which seemed strange but I'll be long gone by then anyway lol. The lead time on the Soft-Lite was around November and Sunrise was December. I'm not really in a huge rush but would like to get an order placed so I can get put on the list.

Are there any special glass add-ons I should be looking at for rooms that get a lot of sun? I have some faded wood flooring in my dining room and my bedroom gets extremely warm in the summer since it faces south and has four large casements. Anything additional beyond the low e and triple pane? Also would there be a noticeable benefit to using Krypton in bedroom windows? I'm thinking it may help keep them cooler/warmer? Thanks! Matt

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#39 Post by masterext »

to me, 50 year warranty is beyond lifetime.
if there is a faulty install, it will show up within a year so in that sense a 2 year labor warranty is fine.

HomeSealed

#40 Post by HomeSealed »

masterext wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:27 am to me, 50 year warranty is beyond lifetime.
This may be very true in terms of the term. Some (maybe all?) states define "lifetime" in a finite number of years. Here in WI that is 30. Doesn't matter if you call it a 30 yr warranty, 50 yr warranty, 100 yr warranty, or lifetime, its all the same. You'll want to see how your state defines it.

TheWindowNerd

#41 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Heaven forbid we use the common sense literal approach. Lets just stick with puffery.
theWindowNerd

Magnumhomes.Ryan

#42 Post by Magnumhomes.Ryan »

If the window is less than 13 inches from floor, must be tempered in Michigan. Sunrise/ MI Windows are made in SE Michigan. The Soft Lite are great, but I'm not sure who offered them here. Paradigm is amazing. John McCarter uses them I know. I don't work for any of them. I use Alside.