Gap between beading & glass?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
midwestgirl

Gap between beading & glass?

#1 Post by midwestgirl »

We've just had replacement windows installed and many of them have significant gaps at the corners, where the beading was apparently cut too long in the manufacturing process, and does not fit flush against the glass at the corner. I am concerned about winter... water getting in there, freezing and expanding, ..and cracking the glass. We are being brushed off by their warranty dept., and are being told that "this is okay, .. that it is normal for water to go in there." Is this true? Is this an acceptable industry standard?? Thanks for your help!!
Attachments
IMG_0808 copy.jpg
(213.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0749 copy.jpg
(191.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Delaware Mike

Re: Gap between beading & glass?

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

What brand of vinyl windows is that?

midwestgirl

#3 Post by midwestgirl »

Vinylmax!

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Vinylmax isn't distributed to my area over on the east coast. The problem seems to be the bottom glazing bead not seated correctly. I don't like those gaps in the corners and whatever company sold and installed the windows should fix for sure. It's like a super easy fix to tweak them and get them tight and right. Being brushed off by the warranty department wouldn't end up too well for them if I where in your shoes. I'd call and ask them how they would like the interior of the car detailed with a power washer if their windows where left down about a little.

midwestgirl

#5 Post by midwestgirl »

@Delaware Mike Thanks so much for the input!!

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Are you dealing with the manufacturer or the company that installed them for you?... As DM alluded to, it should be the latter. This should be a pretty quick and easy fix, not likely to require new parts or anything.