Okna double or triple paned?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pinstripepride684

Okna double or triple paned?

#1 Post by pinstripepride684 »

I'm looking to have four double hung and four casement windows installed. I'm thinking about getting the Onka 500 and 700 series. I live in CT so i'm wondering if the triple panes are worth the extra cost? Also can anyone tell me what price I should expect for each installed?

Thanks!

Ricknez

Re: Okna double or triple paned?

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Yes to triple pane. As for price, no one will comment on price since there are far too many variables.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

I like triple for your location.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Agreed on the triple pane, definitely worthwhile.

On pricing, as alluded to above there are a lot of variables. In product options alone you could see a difference of several hundred dollars on the same window from the same dealer. The best thing to do is get a quote or two and take it from there. At that point you can get some feedback (with some detail provided on options etc) of whether or not the prices sound normal. Keep in mind, prices have skyrocketed over the past two years so any prices that you read about from a few years ago won't likely be attainable or even close these days.

pinstripepride684

#5 Post by pinstripepride684 »

Thanks all. The first quote i got was for four triple paned deluxe with one obscured and tempered and four triple paned deluxe casements for $6975. Any idea is that's a good price?

Ricknez

#6 Post by Ricknez »

pinstripepride684 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 am Thanks all. The first quote i got was for four triple paned deluxe with one obscured and tempered and four triple paned deluxe casements for $6975. Any idea is that's a good price?
Do you think its a good price? Its your call not ours.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

What colors inside and out?

Hardware color?

Is this a pocket replacement installation? Full frame? Something else?

Is exterior trim included?

Is there any interior trim being replaced or added, and if so, what are details?

... If I'm reading it correctly, it sounds like you have 8 total windows (4 500dx dh's, and 4 700dx casements), all triple pane, for $6975? If that is correct, even if the answers to the other questions fall into the most economical category, that price would be lower than average IMO. Definitely not higher than the normal range.

pinstripepride684

#8 Post by pinstripepride684 »

HomeSealed wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm What colors inside and out?

Hardware color?

Is this a pocket replacement installation? Full frame? Something else?

Is exterior trim included?

Is there any interior trim being replaced or added, and if so, what are details?

... If I'm reading it correctly, it sounds like you have 8 total windows (4 500dx dh's, and 4 700dx casements), all triple pane, for $6975? If that is correct, even if the answers to the other questions fall into the most economical category, that price would be lower than average IMO. Definitely not higher than the normal range.
It's the super deluxe energy saving package. The one with the 0.19 U-Value.

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Very good pricing.
theWindowNerd