Okna Insultec vs Provia aspect

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Soccermom62

Okna Insultec vs Provia aspect

#1 Post by Soccermom62 »

So I’ve gotten 2 quotes that are very similar in terms of labor costs and reputation. The decision is going to come down to pro-via vs okna. What say the experts??

Ricknez

Re: Okna Insultec vs Provia aspect

#2 Post by Ricknez »

What was the scope of the job? How many windows? I will tell you that okna manufacture’s a better product, I dont think anyone would dispute that.

Soccermom62

#3 Post by Soccermom62 »

Scope of the job was 18 windows (full house) replacing the original 1980s Andersen windows with the strings.

Quotes for the windows came in within a thousand of each other. Similar reviews of install-so I think it comes down to quality of the window.

We are in Northern VA too, so some cold winters and hot, muggy summers.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

If you are in Northern VA, you may want to reach out to “Windows on Washington”. The owner ( Eric ) is a very nice guy and runs a very respectable business. I think he offers the Okna product as well which is a step or two above the provia product.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The Okna is a better window.

I also suggest you check in with Windows on Washington.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Okna by a mile.

-It beats the Provia both thermally and structurally while boasting a slimmer frame with more glass.

-Okna is a proven top performer that designs and engineers its own products and has been for decades, Provia can say neither.

The Provia window is not awful, don't get me wrong, but if you are in a position to have one of the better windows available today at a similar price point, that is an easy decision and better deal if all else is equal.

Lastly and most importantly, if your Okna quote is from Windows on Washington, that makes this even more of a slam dunk. If its not, I'd recommend checking them out. Best in the business.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Another vote for WOW if they service your area. Top notch. I install both of those series and the Insultech 500 is way better. The weatherstripping and meeting/check rain (middle point between upper and lower sash) in a double hung is better thought out and engineered on the OKNA window. The ProVia Aspect is sort of okay, but I utilize it currently as my bottom "mission impossible" budget entry level window only when I have to. You have to upgrade too many things on it to get it out the sewer.

fridge2020

#8 Post by fridge2020 »

Definitely Okna. I've tried out these Provia's and to say I'm not impressed would be an understatement