Large home - 36 windows plus sliding glass door

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
runningman20

Re: Large home - 36 windows plus sliding glass door

#16 Post by runningman20 »

Absolutely! I've been waiting for prices to come down but not sure that'll happen anytime soon :cry:

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

We have had a year or two's worth of price increases in the short time since the original post, maybe that is what WoW meant :mrgreen:

Seriously though @runningman20, if you want the lowest price you can get on windows, today is the day. The price increases WILL slow down and things will stabilize, but they will not reverse and go down. While some things like fuel and raw materials can fluctuate and decrease, those things don't translate to a lower price on your house full of windows. The price of a fully completed window from the manufacturer will not decrease, nor will the labor cost to get it installed.... Only mentioning that so you can't say that nobody warned you next year or the following year if/when you revisit ;)
Last edited by HomeSealed on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

Prices will never come down, but as mentioned, they should stabilize.

Your currency was ruined and this is the new "normal".

runningman20

#19 Post by runningman20 »

Yeah I'm just going to have to accept it lol. Is there anything else I should be looking at in SE Mich besides Softlite and Sunrise? Okna doesn't distribute in Mi apparently. The majority of my windows are casement.

HomeSealed

#20 Post by HomeSealed »

The Sunrise casement is great and would be my first choice based on what you have available. Softlite's higher end casements are good as well, although they share the same "chassis" with the lower lines, they just have more weather-stripping (which is not insignificant imo) and another bell or whistle... Polaris is worth a look as well.

Windows on Washington

#21 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1. The Sunrise casement is a well built unit.