Himark 1000 vs 800dx differences?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
facesnorth

Himark 1000 vs 800dx differences?

#1 Post by facesnorth »

Perhaps this is best left as it's own topic, especially as I'm in need of an answer ASAP so I can decide whether or not to move on a signed quote. (They were expecting my answer by tonight).

What is the difference between the Himark 1000 series and the 800dx? I can't find any information from my searches except for a shady website or 2 that don't really provide any solid info.

Which is better, what are the differences?

Thanks!

TheWindowNerd

Re: Himark 1000 vs 800dx differences?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The 1000 ws a triple pane vinyl unit that used a 1 3/16 glass package, which is best for TP.
The had trouble getting it off the ground and have pulled back on it. They got enough to take care of.

We sell almost exclusively the 800Dx, my lead mechanics love it. It is a vinyl window that checks all the boxs.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

The Himark 1000 is a step up from the Envirostar 800 in the Okna model hierarchy. Its second only to the Starmark composite. Its a newer model, hence why you see the 800 discussed as the flagship most commonly. Both are excellent and have similar performance, with the 1000 nudging ahead when triple pane is chosen, and in the DP rating. There are a couple of design features that get mixed reviews (mainly aesthetics), with the protruded screen track, lack of sash lift (handle), and very thick sash/glass pack. The 800 has remained more popular for some of these reasons, it really depends what you prefer. Both are excellent and a couple of the top performing windows available anywhere.

facesnorth

#4 Post by facesnorth »

What keeps bugging me is this statement: second only to the Starmark composite.

Why is Himark with its series numbered as 1000 second to the Starmark with its series numbered as 900?

I have to admit it's giving me a bit of buyers remorse especially since I could have gotten the Starmark for much cheaper, but I thought that I was at least getting a more premium product by going with Himark.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

facesnorth wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:22 pm What keeps bugging me is this statement: second only to the Starmark composite.

Why is Himark with its series numbered as 1000 second to the Starmark with its series numbered as 900?

I have to admit it's giving me a bit of buyers remorse especially since I could have gotten the Starmark for much cheaper, but I thought that I was at least getting a more premium product by going with Himark.
Its not. The old Starmark was the 900 series. The new one is the 7500. Where did they come up with that number? No idea... The Himark 1000 is superior to the old 900 Starmark IMO.

You definitely should not feel as though you didn't get a premium product. There is not another vinyl window on the market that really matches the 1000. As I alluded to earlier, unless I misunderstood you that previous Starmark price that you had may be for the old model if its not super recent. If that is the case, it would be about 82 price increases ago as well.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

facesnorth

#6 Post by facesnorth »

Ahh, gotcha. Now I understand. The last quote I received from August 2019 does indeed say 7500 series. The pricing apples to apples with my current quote would have been about $5k cheaper than I am paying for himarks with my current quote. With price increases since then, it may very well be more in line with my current quote however. They sound like comparable quality windows just a styling preference. As it turns out I probably would have preferred the styling of the Starmarks, but I'm going to try not to obsess over it, as at the very least I'm getting a very good quality window all around.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

facesnorth wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:14 pm Ahh, gotcha. Now I understand. The last quote I received from August 2019 does indeed say 7500 series. The pricing apples to apples with my current quote would have been about $5k cheaper than I am paying for himarks with my current quote. With price increases since then, it may very well be more in line with my current quote however. They sound like comparable quality windows just a styling preference. As it turns out I probably would have preferred the styling of the Starmarks, but I'm going to try not to obsess over it, as at the very least I'm getting a very good quality window all around.
You are getting a phenomenal window and as I alluded to on the other thread, that pricing is very aggressive as well.