Philly Daycare with 43 Double Hung Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
PhillyWindowsNeeded

Philly Daycare with 43 Double Hung Windows

#1 Post by PhillyWindowsNeeded »

Hello - We have a daycare center with single pane double hung windows, many of which have started to rot. The dimensions are all identical at 40 x 64. I have not had a lot of success finding more than 1 company that would bid on this, and their pricing was pretty high. Seems like everyone wants to bid on residential only.

I am looking for mid-range window like Okna 400/500 or Simonton 5500/9800 or Polaris ThermalWeld etc.

A couple questions:

1. Suggestions for Philly contractors that are willing to do this work that also carry reasonably priced mid-range brands?
2. I have people that could install, but how could we buy windows given most dealers business model. Just a building supply place like ABC Supply?

TheWindowNerd

Re: Philly Daycare with 43 Double Hung Windows

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I could help.
theWindowNerd.com

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd definitely recommend sourcing the product and install from one source for a whole host of reasons.

Sounds like you have one of the best able to help in your area, I'd definitely call the window nerd.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Long time poster, contributor, and educator of the consumer there in the The Window Nerd. Good resource indeed.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

I agree with the others. Hire a professional to eliminate issues down the road, and you can’t do better than the Window Nerd for integrity, customer service and products that perform.