New Construction Windows, am I doing this right?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BNPD

Re: New Construction Windows, am I doing this right?

#16 Post by BNPD »

Just to add in some details on ratings:

Window World 4250 series:
AI-> unavailable which is unfortunate
CR-> unavailable which is unfortunate
DP-> unavailable which is unfortunate
Glass pack:
-Dual pane
-low E
-Duralite warm edge spacer
-U value is 0.27
-SHGC is 0.28

Additional:
-Mull to form unit (I could not confirm if this was structural in nature)
-New casings
-New boxouts
-New sills/stools

BNPD

#17 Post by BNPD »

Simonton 6500 series seems to be hiding their performance ratings in a bank vault, because I cant seem to find much on their website or the interwebs

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

BNPD wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:15 pm
You do bring up a valid point that where should a customer place more value, on the warranty that comes with an inferior product or a good product with a limited warranty. Its a tough call and one that seems like a tossup.
Not a toss up at all. A good product and good installation are far more important and should be chosen 10 times out of 10 over a mediocre (or worse) product/install that has a longer warranty.... My commentary on importance of the warranty comes in when you have options that are on the same playing field in terms of quality and performance. It can be a factor to validly justify a higher price, break a "tie", etc.

Regarding the Alside and Simonton ratings, they are out there. The easiest thing to do is ask the company offering them, but they can be found online if you search hard enough. Pretty sure they are in some older threads on this forum as a matter of fact... Or I can save you some time by saying that you should pursue other options.